Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Clone navigation bar and add in footer as well as header

Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:13 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
I was wondering if it's possible to add the menu bar to the footer area (perhaps in a custom widget?) as well as the header ... some of the pages on the site I'm building are very long and it would be really useful to have another menu bar at the bottom of the page!

The site is http://217.199.187.62/onelifeyourlifeloveit.com/

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what have you tried so far?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 02:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
FYI... When I took a look at your site the image under Testimonials in the right sidebar was taking a long time (over 2 minutes) to load. I looked at the size and it is huge both in pixel dimensions but more importantly in file size. I is almost 6Mb. For an image that size it should be more like 20Kb or even less. Images should be optimized for websites as this slows page load.

Your image for "Buy My Book" was also way larger than it should be.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 03:15 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks ... I have just fixed the images

OK so I found this post: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2283 and added that code after global $bfa_ata, $post; but nothing happened.

I also tried adding <?php bfa_page_menu; ?> to the footer content section but nothing happened.

I'm not hugely hot with php/css so any help would be much appreciated!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 05:35 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The image under testimonials is still about 380Kb. I just did an optimization on it and it came out at under 18Kb.

For you menu issue I would add a "New Widget Area" to the footer and then use a menu widget.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 05:37 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks. I've actually added custom widgets in the footer area already which are used on all but the home page. What I really want is the full width menu bar ... not just a vertical list of the pages. Is there a way to do that?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 05:45 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
There are plugins that provide horizontal menu (UberMenu from CodeCanyon is one) or you could create a hand coded menu. For example the following would give you a Home and About menu items with a | between them.
HTML Code:
<a href="http://site.com">Home</a> | <a href="http://site.com/about">About</a>
Old Dec 5, 2013, 05:50 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
OK thanks. Yes, I've done the hand coded one before (on my own website, in fact!) and that is a possibility. Just wondered if there was a nice easy way to replicate the entire menu bar, with background colour etc, in the footer but presumably there isn't (if it there is, you're not saying!) The thread I posted above seemed to indicate there was a way but i can't get it to work ... but never mind.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 07:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That previous thread was from 2009 and was for version 3.3.3 - lots has changed.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 07:06 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
Ah ok. Shame if that's something you could do that you can't now.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 07:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Oh, it could be done again - it could even be added as a theme option. Interested in financing the coding of the option? It would probably take 4-5 hours to code, test, document and send off to Flynn (the owner/developer of the theme) for submission to WP. You, of course, would get an early copy.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 07:34 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
Haha nice idea but that would probably cost more than I'm being paid to put this website together!!