Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to move page menu bar to footer?

Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:40 PM
erglebop

9 posts · Jul 2009
It's a great theme, I'm enjoying getting to know it. One question: I would like to move the page menu bar from the header to the footer. I tried putting %pages% or %pages in the footer content, but all I got was % pages in the footer? Is that possible? How do you do that?
Thanks a bunch
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
edit bfa_footer.php and add the following after line 14 (global $bfa_ata
HTML Code:
	// Page Menu Bar 
	$page_menu_bar = '<div id="menu1"><ul id="rmenu2" class="clearfix rMenu-hor rMenu">' . "\n";
	if ($bfa_ata['home_page_menu_bar'] != '') {
		$page_menu_bar .= '<li class="page_item';
		if (function_exists('is_front_page')) {
			if (is_front_page() OR is_home()) { 
				$page_menu_bar .= ' current_page_item';
			}
		} elseif (is_home()) { 
		}
		$page_menu_bar .= '"><a href="' . get_option('home') . '/" title="' . get_option('blogname') . '">' . 
		$bfa_ata['home_page_menu_bar'] . '</a></li>' . "\n";	
	}	
	if ($bfa_ata['levels_page_menu_bar'] == "") {
		$bfa_ata['levels_page_menu_bar'] = 0; 
	}	
	$page_menu_bar .= bfa_hor_pages($bfa_ata['sorting_page_menu_bar'], $bfa_ata['levels_page_menu_bar'], 
	$bfa_ata['titles_page_menu_bar'], $bfa_ata['exclude_page_menu_bar']);
	$page_menu_bar .= '</ul></div>' . "\n";
	$footer_content .= $page_menu_bar;
// END of Page Menu Bar 
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:05 AM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
white color text gone

your suggestion worked fine on my site except the letters in the menu bar are no longer white as they are in the top menu bar but rather red.

www.d4v.org
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
bushtool
you have made several changes to the footer style and that is causing the difference.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 05:29 PM
erglebop

9 posts · Jul 2009
Juggledad,

Thanks for the code. It works! First time I missed the bottom line and screwed up my whole site. Had to delete the theme and reinstall it to get it to open up. But, I figured it out!
Are the options for page menu supposed to control the page menu in the footer? The "home link in menu bar" option works, but the border option and the colors, don't. Also the text in the footer is centered, except for the page menu, it's at the left.

Thanks again for your help. This forum is awesome.

Jim Morris
Old Jul 11, 2009, 05:54 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
footer colors

The menu bar takes on the colors of the footer styling. If anyone figures out how to override those style settings just for the menu bar, please post that here.

Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2009, 05:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
In Atahualpa 333 they do, what version are you using?
Old Jul 12, 2009, 08:06 PM
erglebop

9 posts · Jul 2009
Juggledad,

I'm using 3.4.1

Jim
Old Jul 13, 2009, 03:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
erglebop
in a new install of 3.4.2 it works fine, style changes effect both. You must have other code/plugins that also effect the footer and are causing a conflict.

what's your url
Old Jul 13, 2009, 03:27 PM
erglebop

9 posts · Jul 2009
Juggledad,

Thanks for looking at this.
I had 3.4 installed, so I installed 342, to see if that made a difference. It didn't.
The "Home link in Page Menu Bar" works.
The "Sorting order of Page Menu Bar" works.
I can't get "Border around all menu items" to work
I haven't had any luck with colors
I can't get it to center.
The drop down menu goes off the bottom of the page, can that be changed to "drop up"?

Take Care,

Jim

Last edited by erglebop; Jul 14, 2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I've just tied this again and in a plain install, the changes to the menubar show up in both the header menu bar and this new one in the footer.

It is possible that you have 'other' things in the footer - google analytical code, but in my case the footer styling does not effect this menu in the footer.

As this is a hack, and the code that creates the menubar is designed to do 'drow down' menu's it won't be an option to do drop up menu's (unless Flynn reads this and thinks this is a good idea and puts the code in place)
Old Jul 14, 2009, 02:29 PM
erglebop

9 posts · Jul 2009
I do have google analyticator installed. I will shut it off and see if that makes a difference. But, that's about it. It's a fresh install yesterday. I've got an experienced Wordpress person helping me out, today, she will probably see something that I don't. OK, thanks a bunch for your help.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 02:09 PM
chipcain

9 posts · May 2010
I agree dropping up sure would be nice. I have the menu bar in the header and the footer to help users who don't want to scroll back to the top so that they can select a different menu option.

It would be great to have an option where the bottom menu unfolds upwards (drop up), while the top menu continues to drop-down.

Great theme btw so I donated to bfa today.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:10 PM
mdesjard16

5 posts · Aug 2010
Sorry to bump this post, but could this hack do what I want to do in this post:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...9577#post39577

Can I change some code so that the menu variable will be the ones from the menu2 instead of menu1?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:59 AM
tijsco

7 posts · Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
edit bfa_footer.php and add the following after line 14 (global $bfa_ata
HTML Code:
	// Page Menu Bar 
	$page_menu_bar = '<div id="menu1"><ul id="rmenu2" class="clearfix rMenu-hor rMenu">' . "\n";
	if ($bfa_ata['home_page_menu_bar'] != '') {
		$page_menu_bar .= '<li class="page_item';
		if (function_exists('is_front_page')) {
			if (is_front_page() OR is_home()) { 
			}
		} elseif (is_home()) { 
		}
		$page_menu_bar .= '"><a href="' . get_option('home') . '/" title="' . get_option('blogname') . '">' . 
		$bfa_ata['home_page_menu_bar'] . '</a></li>' . "\n";	
	}	
	if ($bfa_ata['levels_page_menu_bar'] == "") {
		$bfa_ata['levels_page_menu_bar'] = 0; 
	}	
	$page_menu_bar .= bfa_hor_pages($bfa_ata['sorting_page_menu_bar'], $bfa_ata['levels_page_menu_bar'], 
	$bfa_ata['titles_page_menu_bar'], $bfa_ata['exclude_page_menu_bar']);
	$page_menu_bar .= '</ul></div>' . "\n";
	$footer_content .= $page_menu_bar;
// END of Page Menu Bar 
I'm working on a site which has one page with a lot of content. I want to repeat the menu somewhere on this page. Is it possible to add this code somewhere so I can add the menu on a page?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
I'm working on a site which has one page with a lot of content. I want to repeat the menu somewhere on this page. Is it possible to add this code somewhere so I can add the menu on a page?
if you have so much content on one page that you need to have multiple copies of teh menu, you should think about a redesign. Who wants to scroll thru tons of static data? Not me, least I'd never go back to the site

you could always use the 'exec php' plugin and then add a 'new widget area' to your page and put the 'custom menu' widget into the widget area.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:52 AM
tijsco

7 posts · Aug 2012
Thanks for the quick reply.

Sadly it's not possible to split the page, and the data is not just static text.

I already thought about the suggestion with the custom menu, but the menu has to look exactly the same as the menu in the header.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
so use the same custom menu in the header
Old Oct 4, 2014, 07:16 AM
Donpastillo

3 posts · Jul 2014
I tried this in atahualpa 3.7.11 and WP 4.0 and it doesn't seem to work any longer... Too bad, that was exactly what I was looking for.
I will keep on digging.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You could put a dynamic widget area in the footer, create a custom menu, add the custom menu widget to the dynamic widget area and style it with css.

It might even be possible to add the code above to a text widget and use the 'exec PHP' plugin to run it.

Why are you still on 3.7.11? Current version is 3.7.18.