Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Problem with author RSS feeds and searches

Old Dec 1, 2013, 07:00 PM
Dr_M

3 posts · Dec 2013
My website is http://deepseanews.com/

I am running Atahualpa 3.7.12

I am having a problem with searches using the search box time out and load no data. My individual author RSS/post feeds also experience the same problems e.g. http://deepseanews.com/author/dr-m/

I have deactivated all the plug-ins and this doesn't fix the issue. I have also tried a new theme which seems to fix and issues.

I have searched through the archives here and don't seem to see another thread but feel please to point it out if this has already been addressed.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 07:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this is not really a theme issue. Ataualpa calls the WordPress search function, there is no theme search function.

This could be any number of things from a lack of memory on the server to some other strange issue. I would be looking at the server error and access logs to see if there were any hints as to what is happening. I'd turn on debug in the wp-config.php, I might even talk to my hosts tech support and see if they can see anything on their logs.

Have you tested it on your play site? (if you don't have a play site, why not?)
Old Dec 1, 2013, 07:53 PM
Dr_M

3 posts · Dec 2013
So I understand better, why would the problem not transfer to other themes?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 03:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if it was a memory issue it could be that another theme like twenty-twelve has a smaller memory footprint that Atahualpa and pputs you under the memory limit. With out more debugging information, it is just a guess, but you are the only one that has ever reported this so it is most likely something unique with your host/setup.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 01:15 PM
Dr_M

3 posts · Dec 2013
I contacted my hosting service who increased the memory limit of WordPress by editing your .htaccess file and increased the timeout limit from 30 seconds to 45 but neither of these changes seemed to have any effect on the issue. We also checked over the account and the php error logs available via FTP in the /logs directory. The hosting service support staff suggested it is most likely a plugin or the themes functions file. I deactivated all the plugins and the problem still persists. This again seems to suggest it is a theme issue.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 03:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
when you shutoff all the plugins, did you disable the caching and clear your browsers cache?

As I said, this is the first this has been reported and while it may be an issue with the theme, it is sometihing specific about the theme and your site.

Have you tested it on a play site?
were there any errors showing in any logs?
also it seems you are not using Atahualpa anymore???

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 2, 2013 at 03:27 PM.