Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Can someone please help me with transitions for all images

Old Nov 30, 2013, 01:22 PM
AmiG

8 posts · Aug 2013
I am trying to create the same transition affect for all images as coded by default for thumbnails. In other words I would like all images appear to appear gray scale until hovered over. I downloaded the CSS3 Transitions plug-in but I couldn't get that to work either. Here is a sample page that I would like to have treated in this way: http://tinyurl.com/o9p2fgp

Really would appreciate a push in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

AmiG.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you can't find a plugin to do this, you need to look at the code to see how it is doing it.

The only way someone could tell you is if they look at the code and spend a 'bit' of time figuring it out, then spending a 'bit' more time writting up so you would understand it.

If you can't figure it out, you may need to hire someone to help you. I've never looked at that code and could not tell you how it worked. Maybe someone else will decide to take the time and dig in to help you.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:11 PM
AmiG

8 posts · Aug 2013
Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

I guess if i could find where the code is i could at least take a look. I couldn't find where it was located. Any ideas?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:21 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
I believe I have come up with a solution by cloning some of the code used to process the blog thumbnails.
See this thread: HOW TO: Grayscale Image Transformations

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 31, 2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 02:32 PM
AmiG

8 posts · Aug 2013
@CrouchingBruin Thank you so very much. I really appreciate your help.