Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Woo Commerce over writing css?

Old Nov 19, 2013, 02:09 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Woo commerce looks lovely but the support is terrible and the replies from support sarcastic and snarky, never again.

I've made a nice looking site with the Atahualpa theme and a Woocommerce plugin.
The trouble is that something updates automatically and the font colour of the price changes to white, which means it looks like it vanishes.

This is one of the pages it is happening on http://www.mamablessings.co.uk/produ...gift-vouchers/
The black text with the £ amount on just above 'add to cart' turns to white text and vanishes.

The coding is beyond me so I outsourced it but it's still being over written by something ever now and then. All that Woo said is that the coders didn't do it properly and sent me to a link that says to use a child theme, which I don't think I can do with Atahualpa can I?

The coders I outsourced to changed the css on the WooCommerce, can I add it to the inserts on the theme instead? Would that make it stick? I'm not actually sure what they changed anyway.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 03:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
The trouble is that something updates automatically and the font colour of the price changes to white, which means it looks like it vanishes.
If something updated and changed it to white, how did you get it back to pink?

Last edited by lmilesw; Nov 19, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 08:41 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I see a couple of h3 entries in your CSS. I would probably play with using.
HTML Code:
.products h3 {
    color: purple;
}
You can of course change purple to any hex you want.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 01:19 PM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
cool, I'll have a play with the css - this is what the coder said she did, I really do not understand it though. It would be on the Woo commerce css.

I changed this line:
.woocommerce div.product span.price,.woocommerce div.product p.price,.woocommerce #content div.product span.price,.woocommerce #content div.product p.price,.woocommerce-page div.product span.price,.woocommerce-page div.product p.price,.woocommerce-page #content div.product span.price,.woocommerce-page #content div.product p.price{color:#ffffff;font-size:1.25em}

To be:
.woocommerce div.product span.price,.woocommerce div.product p.price,.woocommerce #content div.product span.price,.woocommerce #content div.product p.price,.woocommerce-page div.product span.price,.woocommerce-page div.product p.price,.woocommerce-page #content div.product span.price,.woocommerce-page #content div.product p.price{color:#000000;font-size:1.25em}

I changed this line:
.woocommerce ul.products li.product .price,.woocommerce-page ul.products li.product .price{color:#ffffff;display:block;font-weight:normal;margin-bottom:.5em}

To be:
.woocommerce ul.products li.product .price,.woocommerce-page ul.products li.product .price{color:#000000;display:block;font-weight:normal;margin-bottom:.5em}
Old Nov 19, 2013, 02:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
remember if you edit the woo css file, next time there is an upgrade to the plugin you will lose the changes. You could try putting them in the ago->add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts and then they will be stored in the DataBase part of the theme options and will remain over upgrades of the theme or plugin. Of course that won't help you if woo changes the ID/Class names or structure….

Last edited by lmilesw; Nov 19, 2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 02:21 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
I was hoping you would say something like that :-)
If I just copy and paste the code that the coder did into the css inserts would that work? I don't really understand what she has done.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 03:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You can try that. If it does what you want your all set.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 05:31 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
fantastic, thank you, now it's just a matter of waiting to see what damage woo does next!