Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Controlling Image Order in Header Rotator

Old Nov 7, 2013, 04:04 PM
outlaw704

6 posts · Sep 2010
Austin, Texas
I am trying to rearrange the display order of images in the header rotator. I'm still using Atahualpa 3.5.3 in WordPress 3.7.1. The site is www.precisionturbines.aero. I need to make the fourth image the first. I tried renaming the images - no help (I may be renaming the wrong images).

The original site was launched so long ago, I can't recall how I set the original order. I've looked through the code and can't find what I am looking for...

Any help? Would be greatly apprciated.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 04:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is an option to set random or 'not' order
I would strongly advise you to upgrade to 3.7.12
Old Nov 7, 2013, 05:09 PM
outlaw704

6 posts · Sep 2010
Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
There is an option to set random or 'not' order
I would strongly advise you to upgrade to 3.7.12
Two problems here. A few years ago you helped me solve a few issues - somewhere in the css and in the code. I, of course, did not document well and I am afraid that upgrading to 3.7.12 will cause more problems than it will fix for this particular site.

Secondly, I need a specific image order. We need to have one of our current images always be first.

Any other ideas or suggestions?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 06:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
1) t some point you are going to run into trouble and the tehme may stop working. You can't assume you can upgrade WP and not upgrade your theme and plugins.

2) if you set ato->Header Image->Sort or Shuffle header images? to 'Sort' and name your images something like '1-image.jpg', 2-image.jpg' they will show in order.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:44 PM
outlaw704

6 posts · Sep 2010
Austin, Texas
I am not finding the sort function in the header section of my version of ATO.

I did try renaming my five images as you suggested and that didn't seem to make a difference. I even removed the images from the header folder but they still appear in the website, still rotating in the original order.

The following code appears in the ATO>Style and edit Header area; does it give you any clues to where the actual rotating images are located?

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=extra header widget&cells=2&align_1=9&align_2=9&width_1=700&bef ore_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

%logo
<?php if(is_home()){ ?>
<?php wp_cycle(); ?>
<?php } ?>

%cats

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=ticker cell'); ?>

Thanks in advance...
Old Nov 18, 2013, 02:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it looks to me like you may be using a plugin (?) to rotate the images - I'd have to have access to the site to be sure - something maybe called 'rotate'? - but it is not the Atahualpa code that is rotating the images.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 05:56 PM
outlaw704

6 posts · Sep 2010
Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
it looks to me like you may be using a plugin (?) to rotate the images - something maybe called 'rotate'? - but it is not the Atahualpa code that is rotating the images.
That's it. The plugin is called wp-cycle. I'd forgotten about it... Once you gave me the hint, it was easy to find and fix. Thanks again J-Dad!