Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

can't add borders and adsens adds

Old Nov 2, 2013, 09:17 PM
viccrack

3 posts · Nov 2013
my site

http://www.tutorialbasket.com

i want to know how should i add borders between side bar and posts . plus i want to know that whenever i put a text AD into any post my wide skyscraper AD disappears so is there any solution for that

thank you

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 3, 2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 03:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Montezuma and wp?
Quote:
how should i add borders between side bars and posts
Have you examined the code with a code editor?
What have you tried so far?

Quote:
whenever i put a text AD into any post my wide skyscraper AD disappears so is there any solution for that
What plugin are you using?
Have you tried shutting off all other plugins?
How are you adding the AD to the post?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 09:49 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Quote:
plus i want to know that whenever i put a text AD into any post my wide skyscraper AD disappears so is there any solution for that
When I look at an individual post page, the ad that you've added within the post appears, as well as the skyscraper ad in the sidebar. For example, when I look at the post for Reconstruct a Face to Make it Match a Custom Skull, I see an inline ad for Cintiq Companion and an ad in the sidebar for Netflix.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 05:46 PM
viccrack

3 posts · Nov 2013
Ok I am talking about the posts. I mean not the homepage. Homepage ads are fine but whenever I make a new post and try to add text ads from adsense no matter if I put it in the middle of the post or at the end of the post my huge side bar ad disappears and this happens when i add BREAK PAGE to a post as well.

For example I put the link add text ad from adsense at the end of this post. As you can see the huge skyscraper on the right is now gone. I am using easy adsense plugin and I used to use ad injection as well.

Thank you

p.s I am putting 3 major ads and some text ads i think 3 text ads are allowed by adsense to post.

Cheers

oh and here is the link to the post

http://www.tutorialbasket.com/text-a...lash-tutorial/

Last edited by lmilesw; Nov 3, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 06:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you looked at your page in multiple browsers?

p.s. A site filled that way with ads is one I never go back to. Just my two cents.

Last edited by lmilesw; Nov 3, 2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 07:33 PM
viccrack

3 posts · Nov 2013
I know I am just trying different plugins for ads i will set them properly once i will get my links ad stuff fixed

And I have fixed the ad placement. I think infolinks is making it much worse. Anyways I can't even put a border between post section and the sidebar section. And please tell me how to fix my text ad thingy.

Last edited by lmilesw; Nov 4, 2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:17 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Quote:
oh and here is the link to the post

http://www.tutorialbasket.com/text-a...lash-tutorial/
While I do not see an ad in the sidebar on that page, I believe the problem is with Google AdSense and not the theme. There are several other pages where the skyscraper ad does display correctly in the sidebar. When I inspect the blank ad on the above mentioned page, I see two iframes nested inside one another, and the innermost iframe doesn't have any content in the body section.

[update]: I just went through the latest 50 posts on the site, and every post displays the skyscraper ad correctly along with the ad that's in the post itself. So I am reasonably sure that the problem is not with Montezuma, but is either with the contents of that particular post, or with the ad for that post. Maybe AdSense is trying to tailor a particular ad for the subject of that post and not coming up with anything.

Last edited by CrouchingBruin; Nov 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 08:43 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
OK, I just went to the page in question and it is now displaying the skyscraper ad in the sidebar as well as the ad in the post, so I assume everything resolved itself without any changes and this is no longer an issue.