Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Force Sidebar on Page Template

Old Oct 10, 2013, 08:04 AM
Masselyn

91 posts · Jan 2009
So. California
Hi:

I have found a few messages regarding showing certain sidebars on a particular page (either using the Theme Options or Page Template setting) but I can not seem to get it working on a site running Shopp (e-commerce). I know this throws an element into the mix that might create a problem, but just wondering whether anyone has an idea on something I could be missing.

The page I need to force a sidebar on (left sidebar) is here : http://chocolateandsteel.com/csteel_...itter-necklace

This is a test site, the e-commerce category pages shows the right sidebar, but for some reason ONLY the product pages shows the left inner sidebar. I have created a page template for the product pages, and used the "on" and "off" at the top to tell it to turn ON the left sidebar and OFF the left inner. That isn't working. Is there something else I should do? A copy of the top part of that page template is below. Thanks in advance for any insight that can be offered.

PHP Code:
<?php 
list($bfa_ata$cols$left_col$left_col2$right_col$right_col2$bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'], $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']) = bfa_get_options();

$left_col ="on";
$left_col2 "off";
$right_col2 "off";
$right_col "off";

get_header(); 
extract($bfa_ata); 
?>
Old Nov 12, 2013, 07:43 AM
roxyp

10 posts · Jan 2011
Hi Masselyn
Did you find an answer for this one? I'm after something very similar,so if you managed to work it out I'd love to hear how.