Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Excerpts length problem

Old Aug 16, 2013, 09:39 AM
Fennec 88

7 posts · Dec 2011
France
Hello,

I have a problem with the display of excerpts from articles on the Home page, Category page and Archives page;
I want to show excerpts from a length of about 25-30 words . Majority of extracts are displayed correctly but some randomly appear in bold or italics or even in italics and bold. Including the title of the article.
If I use the default length for the excerpt (55 words), it's the same thing!
In the setting of excerpts in the "Do not strip this tags" box I took the following tags: <strong> <p> <span> <em> <br/>
Can anyone help me? I searched a lot on the forum but I found no answer.
Excuse my English

Wordpress 3.6
Atahualpa 3.7.12
In localhost with Wamp Server 2.2
Old Aug 16, 2013, 10:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Excerpts are tricky because it counts words and a word is characters separated by a space. This means that HTML can make up part of the excerpt.

Best bet is to add manual excerpts to the posts and that will be used.