Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

conditional header image code location

Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:43 PM
jrobie23

63 posts · Feb 2011
Boulder, CO
I'm upgrading a client's site from 3.4.6 to current. As part of this process, I'm cleaning up the previous developers "mess" as he didn't put anything in the css inserts, etc. The image enclosed is the difference between the old and new "header.php" files.
I'd like to know where to put this chunk of code (on the left) that displays conditional headers... I tried in the "head" section under css inserts, but it didn't show. I'm guessing I just grabbed too much of the code (maybe the <td> messed me up?)
what I'm doing is transferring all of these changes to the existing site and then plan to update since they will all be then stored in the db. A little scared from some of the comments i've seen on this particular section of the forum, but we'll give it a shot!
any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by jrobie23; Jul 23, 2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 01:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Based on what I see on your site I would put a new widget area in the Style and Configure Header area box in place of %images and then use a slideshow plugin in that widget area. Then I would use a plugin such as Display Widget to set what page it displays on.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 01:08 PM
jrobie23

63 posts · Feb 2011
Boulder, CO
Yeah. I think you're right. I just tried adding it to "above the loop" under center column, but it ended up putting it next to the menu and pushing the images over to the right of the main site.
At least I'd have some control w/ a widget.
Thank you, as always!
Old Jun 5, 2013, 01:24 PM
jrobie23

63 posts · Feb 2011
Boulder, CO
after some further digging, it appears that that particular chunk of code is written to call up an image slider plugin "showtime". I'm guessing I would be able to add this code to the header.php of the updated ata theme and it (should) work??
I understand it won't be happy with future updates, but it'll work for now. I can mess around with a custom widget once the site is back up and happy???
i also understand i'm asking you if doing the "wrong" thing will work!!
Old Jun 5, 2013, 02:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Put the new widget code in the same spot as %image
Old Jun 5, 2013, 04:11 PM
jrobie23

63 posts · Feb 2011
Boulder, CO
will give that a shot.... thanks again!