Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Changing theme colors

Old May 29, 2013, 02:42 PM
gmcgowan7

8 posts · May 2013
Hello,
I am a new user, and as you can see on my website (www.assadfreesyria.com) I am encountering some issues with changing the theme colors in some areas. I would like to change everything that is currently the default shade of blue (#0090d3) to green (#006400). I was able to make most of the changes through the CSS files, but for a few items I can not figure out how to change them. The specific items are the Menu icons (stars) and the comment boxes, which are still color #0090d3.

Is there any way to make these changes through the CSS files? If so, I would really appreciate if someone could help walk me through it.

Thank you!

- Greg
Old May 29, 2013, 04:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you are talking about the menu icons you will need to create new images that are the right color.
Old May 30, 2013, 12:29 PM
gmcgowan7

8 posts · May 2013
Thank you, Larry. Does this apply to the comment boxes as well? I can't find a place in the CSS files to change the color of those.
Old May 30, 2013, 01:23 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
You can't do it through CSS, you either have to create your own icon file or change the existing one. I found it easier to change the existing one.

What I did was load the /montezuma/images/menu-icons-0090d3.png file into GIMP (a free image editor), used the Color Select tool to select everything with the blue color, change the foreground color to what I wanted, then use the Bucket Fill tool to change the whole selection to that color. Then I saved the file under a different name and put it into a different directory via FTP. Then I changed the references to the file in menus_menu1.css.

Attached is a modified file with the blue changed to green (#006400).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	menu-icons-assadgreen.png
Views:	1672
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	2351  
Old May 30, 2013, 08:31 PM
gmcgowan7

8 posts · May 2013
Thank you very much, this is extremely helpful. I will try GIMP for the comment boxes and follow up with you if I have any questions. I really appreciate your advice.

Best,
Greg
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:08 PM
gmcgowan7

8 posts · May 2013
solved, thank you!