Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Changing colors for links

Old Mar 8, 2012, 01:02 PM
rcgibbons1

3 posts · Mar 2012
I have a blog, http://boatandwater.com, and the front page is used as a photo sharing page using NextGen as the gallery plugin. I would like to change the color of the "previous" and "next" navigation functions below each gallery but cannot because it seems they are linked to the "links" options for the whole site. If I change the links option, then my "rss" and "email" links in the header change, and I would like to keep them the same. Is it possible to change the navigation buttons in the posts seperately? I cannot find this option to save my life.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You should get the FireBug extension for FireFox and examine the code to find the ID's and classes that apply. Then you can code some CSS and put it in the CSS Inserts option
Old Mar 8, 2012, 06:54 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There is a style section in the NexGen Gallery settings. You can probably change the next and previous link styles there.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 03:29 PM
rcgibbons1

3 posts · Mar 2012
Thanks, I have been trying to edit the styles section in NextGen but I have not found the magic terminology to make it work.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
rcgibbons1

3 posts · Mar 2012
I don't know these options that you mention, Firebug and Firefox. I am too much of a novice.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 03:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Firefox is a browser, firebug is an extension for that browser
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
When it comes to styling a website knowing CSS is very important. Atahualpa gives you some places to make changes and other themes may give you other options but to style a complete site knowing CSS and Firebug together are skills I could not live without.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:56 PM
jennex05

1 posts · Mar 2012
Simply do in-line styling.

<a href="#" style="put your styling here" >Link</a>
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
jennnex05 - inline styling won't work since the code is created by the NEXTGEN plugin

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 5, 2012 at 04:16 AM.