Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

footer menu to display at bottom of page - Montezuma

Old May 14, 2013, 01:10 PM
bellir

4 posts · May 2013
Hi
I am using Montezuma theme, and am having trouble getting the footer menu to show in the footer area. Somehow it's showing up on the right side along with the other widgets that I have there, ie. calendar, etc. I want the footer menu to be unique and need it to be horizontal. Please help. thanks in advance!
Old May 14, 2013, 02:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Where did you put it and with what code

Last edited by juggledad; May 15, 2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old May 15, 2013, 07:22 PM
bellir

4 posts · May 2013
I did not put the code anywhere. I created a custom widget and named it footer. Then I went to menu and selected "footer" from the drop down menu. I almost feel that the menu is not clearing the div for right side bar; or should I include more code to have the footer to show up at the bottom footer area?
tks
Old May 15, 2013, 07:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what is the url, I'm not clear from your description
Old May 15, 2013, 07:43 PM
bellir

4 posts · May 2013
I'm working locally for now. In order to create the menu, I added a custom menu to the widget area (by dragging to the right area), and then selected the "footer menu" from the drop down.

When I preview the website, on the right sidebar, I see the calendar, categories, etc., and right below it, the footer menu is showing up there, instead of showing up (horizontally) at the bottom, footer area.

I am not looking to duplicate the header menu, I just want a footer menu with a few items, but to show horizontally on the footer area and not on the right side bar as is now.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by bellir; May 15, 2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old May 16, 2013, 03:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
so let me see if I understand.

You created a custom menu and called it 'footer',
you then added the 'custom menu' widget to 'Widget area one' which shows as a sidebar
you selected the footer menu
you can't understand why it is showing in the sidebar area

(1) the 'custom menu' widget styles things different than the top menu area
(2) horizontal menus are created using the 'wp_nav_menu()' function (see the virtual template header.php for and example)
(3) you will need to add code to the virtual template footer.php
Old May 16, 2013, 07:56 PM
bellir

4 posts · May 2013
Thank you, Juggledad

I borrowed the code from the header, and when I pasted on footer.php, the menu shows a little below the nav, but not in the footer like I wanted. Do I need to create a new "DIV" or use same type of clearfix code? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<?php wp_nav_menu( array(
'container' => 'nav',
'container_class' => 'menu-wrapper col7',
'container_id' => 'menu1-wrapper',
'menu_id' => 'menu1',
'menu_class' => 'cf menu',
'theme_location' => 'menu1',
'fallback_cb' => 'bfa_page_menu'
) ); ?>
Old May 16, 2013, 08:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well for one, you should change the names of the container id and menu id so they are unique
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:41 PM
startinglate

2 posts · Nov 2011
Why not put a simple html menu in the footer setting of Atahualpa. Here is some code: <div style="text-align: left; padding: 0 0 0 10px;"><a href="http://www.somedomain.com">Home</a>&nbsp; | &nbsp;<a href="http://www.somedomain.com/">Some Name</a>&nbsp; | &nbsp;<a href="http://www.somedomain.com/">Some Name</a>
&nbsp; | &nbsp;<a href="https://www.somedomain.com" >Some Name</a>&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href="http://www.somedomain.com">Some Name</a></div>
Old Sep 25, 2016, 05:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ummm, @ startinglate, this is a question in teh Montezuma forum... and it is 3 years old.