Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Are Javascript Links (or Links to Javascript) Possible???

Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:43 PM
SCLove

26 posts · Apr 2009
I am trying to get a link to work in Atahualpa 3.5.1 which originates as javascript: <a id="1483" href="http://lovepalmspringshomes.com/?cid=1483">Palm Springs </a>

The link is associated with an MLS search of local homes.

I tried http://lovepalmspringshomes.com/?cid=1483 and it does not pull up the search functionality either.

The MLS issue the following advice:

*Important WordPress users
Any settings in installed plugins which prevents Query String parameter would cause Custom Links to not work.
For example a popular plugin called Word Press SEO has a setting called:
"Redirect ugly URL's to clean permalinks. (Not recommended in many cases!)", this
should NOT be checked!

Is one of the plugins affecting it and, if so, how do I work around this?

To see the actual search function, please click on the California Desert Homes Search tab on the top (www.lovepalmspringshomes.com).

I'd very much appreciate knowing how to connect these custom city searches either by using the Atahualpa link function or perhaps through the widget functionality.

Thank you.

Last edited by SCLove; Apr 17, 2013 at 04:34 PM.