Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Replacing header image with an advert

Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:15 PM
tfarrell

43 posts · Dec 2012
Ireland
Hollo
I would like to use the header image area for advertising. Is there a way in which I can insert the code for the add so that it appears where the varying header images are at the moment.
The images are nice but an add might pay for the space.
Tom Farrell
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you tried a forum search. questions like this have been asked and answered many times.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 05:59 PM
tfarrell

43 posts · Dec 2012
Ireland
Yes I have searched and failed to find them Perhaps I am describing it incorrectly in the searches. Would really appreciate a pointer to some solution.
Thanks again
Old Mar 16, 2013, 06:57 PM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
Horse Country in Virginia
Look again there are many ways in many posts
Old Mar 17, 2013, 06:28 PM
tfarrell

43 posts · Dec 2012
Ireland
Thanks for the replies but I am not able to find them. Are they in this forum or another one. I have searched this forum to no avail.
Can you point to just one of the many solutions that are there.
Thanks for your time.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 07:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The trouble is there is no "one" way to do this. I did a search for "replace header image with ad" and got several results.

One of the ways you can "try" is to just put the code in place of %image. Whether this works depends on the code you are putting there and you may have to use CSS to style.

Another way is to put a new widget area in place of %image and then use a widget to pur the code there and style with CSS.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 05:02 AM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
Horse Country in Virginia
Quote:
would like to use the header image area for advertising. Is there a way in which I can insert the code for the add so that it appears where the varying header images are at the moment.
The images are nice but an add might pay for the space
Why not make a widget and put what ever you want in it, then use widget logic to determine which pages it will show up on?