Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Nested Comments Stopped Working in Atahualpa 3.7.3 with WP 3.3.1

Old Mar 6, 2013, 07:34 PM
edecaria

9 posts · Jan 2013
Hello,

I have run into a bit of trouble five days prior to a big event that I am hosting on my website.

I have always used nested comments (up to 10 deep, for better or worse), but today a user reported that comment nesting was not working. Oddly, it is working for MY comments as admin, but it is not working for comments by other users.

You can see the behavior here: http://www.thinkkidthink.com/eds-top...-2012-poems-5/ (The comment by "Charles Mund" was me while logged out and I am certain that I replied directly to another comment using the "Say Something To This Person" link.)

You can also see that it has worked fine in the past here: http://www.thinkkidthink.com/10-rewind-vs-15-derelict/

The only thing I've changed recently is adding the Subscribe to Comments Reloaded plugin, which I just disabled to test, and the issue was still present. (I have since re-enabled.)

Any ideas what could be causing this misbehavior?

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Regards,

-Ed
Old Mar 7, 2013, 03:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) I don't see a comment by "Charles Mund"
2) I do see a newted comment on that page dated March 6 from 'Ed DeCaria'
3) are you moderating comments?
4) what happens if you disable teh 'stop spammer registration' plugin?

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 7, 2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 07:04 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The thread title says WordPress 3.3.1. If you meant 3.5.1 that's fine but if not I would upgrade that first as you are opening yourself up to hacks.

Also I would check into Disqus for comments.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 08:42 PM
noithatlamson

2 posts · Apr 2013
I have always used nested comments (up to 10 deep, for better or worse), but today a user reported that comment nesting was not working. Oddly, it is working for MY comments as admin, but it is not working for comments by other users
FBA
I have always used nested comments (up to 10 deep, for better or worse), but today a user reported that comment nesting was not working. Oddly, it is working for MY comments as admin, but it is not working for comments by other users

Last edited by noithatlamson; Apr 24, 2013 at 08:44 PM.