Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Logo disappeared after theme update

Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:58 AM
snowbert

3 posts · Feb 2013
Hi folks,

updating to Atahualpa 3.7.10 our logo left of the blog-title disappeared. Cause we haven't got a child theme I made a screenshot of the changes I processed at the "style.css" file last time. After the update (I think it was from Atahualpa 3.7.7.) the new style.css file was different to the one before.

Now I can't find the place where to insert my lines to reinstall the logo. But maybe there's an easier way, though I couldn't find a solution within the "Atahualpa theme options".

The website's name is "munichglobebloggers.de" and the logo should be left of the blog-title.

Thanks for your suggestions (foolproof would be fine)!

snowbert
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Go look in the 'FAQ - Atahualpa' forum
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:27 AM
snowbert

3 posts · Feb 2013
Hello jd,

thanks for the info, I already checked the faq before I postetd my problem, but none of the threads in the faq fits to my problem.

If I make changes according to this thread "http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19169" of yours, I lose the header image. In the "Style & edit HEADER AREA" I can only change the header image, but not the logo left of the blog-title.

Best regards
snowbert
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Following the directions of that thread will NOT effect the header image at all - are you sure you are not confusing the header and logo images?

FYI in the latest version 3.7.11 - there is a way to save the header images over updates. you may want to jump right to that. You will have to set up your header and logo this time but from now on they should remain during updates.

p.s. did you re-upload your logo after the upgrade?

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 26, 2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:35 AM
snowbert

3 posts · Feb 2013
Thanks jd,

this time with the update to Atahualpa 3.7.11. it worked just as you described it in your post. Cool! And much easier than the last time. The logo is back. Actually I knew exactly what I wanted, but it seemed that the programme mixed up logo and header as long as they were in the same image file. ;-)

Best regards

snowbert
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the header image should not be in the same folder as teh logo or favicon.