Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Virutal Templates all reset????? :(

Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:27 PM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
All of a sudden I realized today that all of my virtual templates have been reset. It couldn't have been this way more than a few days. I moved servers and realized that when I edited the templates I couldn't save them. I changed my content directory to 0775 and then it started working fine.

Is there a file where virtual templates are stored that I could restore it from a backup? I'm super unhappy thinking about having to redo all of this work on these templates.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The virtual templates are stored in the database and if you press the reset all button, they all get reset. Now if you have a database backup you might be able to retreive that record from the db and import it into the existing db
Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:55 PM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
Man I'm so damn upset..... its possible I reset them of course.

Is there any way to disable that 'reset' code until we get a 'are you sure' ? This makes me not want to use the theme now.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 06:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
There already is an 'are you sure' box that pops up.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 06:06 PM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
well then I don't think it's possible I could reset them all..... but everything is gone, the CSS changes template changes, everything. I don't have a recent enough DB backup, and I would lose other things if I went back to that I think...

I can't think of anything else to try?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 06:08 PM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
I have it set to do a weekly backup to dropbox, I've just never 'used' it before. So I'm scared hehe
Old Feb 8, 2013, 06:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you have a backup it is possible to retreive the Montezuma settings.
1) You will have to restore the settings to a new database
2) then use phpMyAdmin on the old copy you will browse the wp-options table.
3) go to the end of the table and backup 1 or two pages looking for the row with the 'option_name' of Montezuma
4) edit this row
5) copy the contents of the 'option_value' field and paste it into a text file.
6) use phpMyAdmin and get into the current db
7) browse the wp-options table.
8) go to the end of the table and backup 1 or two pages looking for the row with the 'option_name' of Montezuma
9) edit this row
10) paste the contents of teh text file into the 'option_value' and press 'Go' to replace teh value

that should be it.

going off line due to lights flickering from the blizzard in the north east.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 06:23 PM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
Thanks I'll try it! Good luck weathering the storm.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:14 PM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
Thanks guys. That did it. I am going to change my backup frequency to daily though, after this little snafu. I'm not sure how it happened, but at least it was recoverable.