Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Changes in style.css will be overwritten // overall colour change


  #1  
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joei
 
1 posts · Oct 2012
Hi,

I tried to change the colour scheme of the theme and figured out to replace the colour codes in the css menu in the theme options. But this is rather boring, I would prefer to "find and replace" in the overall css file. But whenever I do this, all changes will be overwritten again

I wasn't able to figure out where the CSS sniplets from the options menu are saved - maybe this would be an option?!?

Another option would be a "colour-scheme" menu item in the options where you can replace the colour...

thx and cheers
Joei
  #2  
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:12 AM
juggledad's Avatar
juggledad
 
23,628 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
all the options are stored in the database. In addition, a 'style.css' is stored in 'uploades/montezuma' folder - this is used for runtime. However each time you change the theme and hit save, the 'style.css' file will be rewritten with the values stored in the DB.
__________________
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
  #3  
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:10 PM
jerryc
 
367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei
I tried to change the colour scheme of the theme and figured out to replace the colour codes in the css menu in the theme options. But this is rather boring, I would prefer to "find and replace" in the overall css file. But whenever I do this, all changes will be overwritten again

I wasn't able to figure out where the CSS sniplets from the options menu are saved - maybe this would be an option?!?
I use the Lazyest Stylesheet plugin, instead of editing any of the theme css files. Anything in the lazyest stylesheet will override the theme styles.

It would be nice if Montezuma included something like this.

Quote:
Another option would be a "colour-scheme" menu item in the options where you can replace the colour...
Having the colors in separate color scheme css files, separate from the other css, would be great! Creative users could post various color schemes somewhere, like maybe on some part of this forum, and other users could pick and choose from them, without any knowledge of css. Moderators, how about an RFE for something like this, please?
  #4  
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:15 PM
lmilesw's Avatar
lmilesw
 
10,174 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Any changes you make to the css within the Montezuma theme options is saved in the database. You could put all your color codes in the various.css if you like instead of using the Lazyest plugin. Then you could export your settings as outlined in the Import/Export section to save.
__________________
~Larry (CNY Web Designs)
This site should be a membership site since it so full of good stuff.
Please consider donating which gives you access to even more good stuff.
  #5  
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:59 PM
jerryc
 
367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Any changes you make to the css within the Montezuma theme options is saved in the database. You could put all your color codes in the various.css if you like instead of using the Lazyest plugin. Then you could export your settings as outlined in the Import/Export section to save.
Of course. But the reason I like the lasyest concept, and I hope that montezuma will add such a feature, is that it keeps all the custom css in one place, and the reason I suggest all the color css in one place, and I hope montezuma will add such a feature, is that it makes it easier to find and change color schemes.

Last edited by jerryc; Oct 18, 2012 at 09:04 PM.

Bookmarks

Tags
colour, css, options

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to change H3 colour ? Foulsham Eric Header configuration & styling 1 Oct 26, 2010 12:40 PM
Cannot Change Colour of Sidebar Headers richardjes Forum How-To 1 May 16, 2010 05:05 PM
[SOLVED] Search Box font colour being overwritten? Misa Header configuration & styling 2 Mar 5, 2010 10:52 AM
How to change HEADLINE Box colour ahmike Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer 4 Jul 23, 2009 12:38 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.