Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Backgrоund body not visible

Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:43 PM
AlbenaF

5 posts · Sep 2012
Hello
Trying to put the file for backgrоund body. Add the file in the directory / wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images, but the background does not appear on the site.
What is missing?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
What is missing?
enough info to help you - the url would be helpful
Old Oct 2, 2012, 01:07 PM
williamwalker

6 posts · Oct 2012
Hello folks, I am new to the forums and think I will start off with this issue:

I have placed a background image through ATO and it worked on all my pages except the "Home" page. None of the changes I make in ATO effect the "Home" page. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I am really enjoying this theme overall. Very, very, customizable. I am also improving my css and php skills.

Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 01:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
As I said to the previous poster, more details would be useful
what did you add?
where did you add it?
what is the url?
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 01:51 PM
williamwalker

6 posts · Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
As I said to the previous poster, more details would be useful
what did you add?
where did you add it?
what is the url?
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
Wow, what a quick response. Sorry about the lack of information, I just wasn't sure what you needed.
I added "background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/background_textile_image.png) repeat top left;"
I added it through FTP to the directory above.
The URL to the site is www.wscottwalker.com
Atahualpa 3.7.9 WordPress 3.4.2

As you should be able to see, all the pages except for "home" are being effected by my changes. Hope you have an idea of what the problem is, which I am sure you do. Thank you.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 02:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
I added "background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/background_textile_image.png) repeat top left;"
to what ATO option did you add this?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 02:29 PM
williamwalker

6 posts · Oct 2012
Quote:
to what ATO option did you add this?
Overall Style & Config.>Body, Text, and Links>Body Style.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 02:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Try disabling the social media plugin

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 2, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 02:45 PM
williamwalker

6 posts · Oct 2012
Didn't work. Disabled both Shareaholic and the Social Media Widget.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 03:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The home page background image is body_gradient_dark.gif. Do you recall adding that?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 03:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Is this actuall two different sites? the ATA settings are different on the home page vers the other pages
Old Oct 2, 2012, 03:34 PM
williamwalker

6 posts · Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
The home page background image is body_gradient_dark.gif. Do you recall adding that?
The above mentioned option should have changed the background image to background_textile_image.png. It was the body_gradient_dark.gif, but I couldn't get it to work and changed it.

Quote:
Is this actuall two different sites? the ATA settings are different on the home page vers the other pages
It is actually one site. I was wondering how it was that I got rid of all borders, changed the menu color, and several other things on the rest of my pages but cannot change anything on the home page. The Home button on the menu even stays the default color. I am positive that I only have one install and have no clue why the settings would be different for the two. Any ideas on a fix. Do you need any more information that could be helpful?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 03:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You might try deactivating WP super cache or at least clear the cache to see if that is the issue. Developing with a caching plugin installed and activated can cause issues like this.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 03:50 PM
williamwalker

6 posts · Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
You might try deactivating WP super cache or at least clear the cache to see if that is the issue. Developing with a caching plugin installed and activated can cause issues like this.
I cleared the cache and the background came up. The only thing that was not corrected is the color or the Home button in the menu bar. Genius idea. That may be my goto fix when I run into these issues for now on. Thank you so much.