Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Not very technical, need some advice

Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:17 PM
muddyducktracks

2 posts · Sep 2012
Hi all,

This is my first post as I'm just discovering this theme. First of all thank you for developing it, I'm not very technical but love the results this theme comes up with for my blog (themuddyduck.co.uk). I have a few questions and I hope someone can help me (remember I'm not too technical).

Q1: Is it possible to move the header menu to align to the right? ie it's right most point is above the right most point of the search box on my site. If so how do I do this?

Q2: It gives a preview to my blog posts on the homepage, is it possible to have the most recent one expanded so it shows the full post when on the homepage and the other posts are shown as summaries?

Q3: In the summary view it shows an image for some of my blog posts but not for others. Is there a reason for this? And is there also a way of selecting which picture is used for each one? There seems to be a box around the images, is this there by default or did I do something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Gary
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you are not very technical, I might suggest you try Flynn (the theme author)'s other theme: Atahualpa - you might find it much easier to configure.

That said, to move the menu to the right go to MO->CSS Files->menus.css and find the section starting with '.menu {' and add a new line
HTML Code:
    float: right;
(in atahualpa you would change %pages to %page-right)

Last edited by lmilesw; Sep 17, 2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:55 AM
muddyducktracks

2 posts · Sep 2012
Thanks Juggledad,

that worked in fixing the menu! I really like this theme so want to try to keep it! Just wish I could fix the issues. Also noticed that the fonts resize every time i reload my blog! Argh!

Thanks anyway you did fix one of my problems!!

Gary