Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

How to revert website to child theme?

Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:07 AM
SiaRa

19 posts · Aug 2012
Netherlands
I started with Atahualpa, great theme, but never heard of child themes, up until I saw that both WordPress and Atahualpa have a new version available.
There's warnings that I will lose all the changes I made when I do the update.
Of course I don't want that. So I read about child themes and started making one, but i'm kinda confused, cause how am I gonna get all the changes I've made in Atahualpa (including custom ones directly in the php files), into the child theme and afterwards be able to update both Atahualpa and WordPress?
Can I copy all the php files from Atahualpa directory to my child theme directory? Or is that not gonna do the trick?
I read about how to make child themes, but haven't found info on how to make your child theme if your website is already in place.
If anyone can be of help, I would be very grateful. Or if I missed information on this in another topic, please let me know, so I can continue my search there.

Last edited by lmilesw; Sep 10, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When you upgrade Atahualpa the only things you might lose are
1) changes you made to the theme files
2) header images you put in the atahualpa/images/header folder - you should copy these and put them in the same folder of the upgraded version

All settings you put in via the theme back end are stored in the database and will be carried over on an upgrade - you will not loose them.

of course you do do a database backup and backup the wp-contents folder before every upgrade...right???

Last edited by lmilesw; Sep 10, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:16 PM
vicarvernon

1 posts · Oct 2012
Is there not a way to work around the header image placement every time there is an upgrade to the theme?

By the theme Back end - I presume you mean through Atahualpa Theme Options?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:57 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can just use in image wrapped in a div in place of %image or a slider if you want rotating images.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see this thread written in 2010 in the FAQ forumHOWTO: upgrade Atahualpa to a new version