Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] A individual page not to show excerpts in homepage

Old Sep 1, 2012, 07:27 AM
joshuamu

88 posts · Jun 2012
nairobi
Home page of my site shows excerpts of recent posts from all pages and i want a certain individual page not to show its excerpts in home page. How do i do this? http://www.christiantruthcenter.com/
Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
'Pages' don't show on a 'post' page only 'posts' do.

are you saying you you want to show the full post of a certian excerpt?
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:01 AM
joshuamu

88 posts · Jun 2012
nairobi
So is there a way of making posts from an individual page not show excerpt in the home page when the homepage is set to show excerpts of recent posts?
Old Sep 1, 2012, 02:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm unclear as to what you want. Please give a detailed description with examples
Old Sep 2, 2012, 05:38 AM
joshuamu

88 posts · Jun 2012
nairobi
Example; i have a page named 'statements' linked to a category name 'statement'. When i publish and article in this category, the article appears in the statement page and also in the home page as an excerpt. what i want is articles published in that category and appearing in that page not to appear in the home page as excerpts.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The easiestway to do this would be to edit the post and copy the entire post in to the manual excerpt section. Then it will still display the excerpt, but since the excerpt will be teh entire post, that is what you will see.

any other solution I can think of will take some coding of eithor the theme files or coding a template and that is beyond the free support of the forum
Old Sep 2, 2012, 01:41 PM
joshuamu

88 posts · Jun 2012
nairobi
Thank you.