Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Opacity Background- text not opacity is hard to read

Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:19 AM
Carme

60 posts · May 2012
Brighton
Send a message via Skype™ to Carme
Hi,
I am learning how to use Atahualpa and I need some help.
I have created a opacity background for my pages, but now is hard to read the text, how can I solve that?
I will appreciate any kind of help
thanks,

Carme
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can't - well you could but it would take a 1/2 hour or more of my time to explain you a way you could try to do it.

A better suggestion is to edit the image in a image editor and create a new version that is the opacity you want.

if you want a detailed explaination, do a google search on 'opacity css' and read about how it works
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:43 PM
Carme

60 posts · May 2012
Brighton
Thank you ! I find a solution.
Now i would like to know how I can put the menu inside of the container area. I wanted to open a new thread for that but I do not know what the forum doesn't allow me to open a new thread.

I will appreciate any help,
thanks in advance
xXx
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
i would like to know how I can put the menu inside of the container area
I'm going to assume you mean the center area where the posts or page info goes. You will need to add a new widget area to the code in index.php. Where you put it will depend on where you want the menu to go. Best thing is to experiment.

Then you can add the custom menu widget to the widget area.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:58 AM
Carme

60 posts · May 2012
Brighton
Yes I want the menu to be in the center area where the posts or page info goes.
I have attached a link of the site: http://karmeba.com/sitechoice/
The idea is the menu you can see out of the area should go inside.

I do not know how to create a new widget area to the code in index.php
I wonder if you can help me with that.
Or perhaps now seeing the site you have another suggestion.

Thank you very much
xXx
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
why not try using CSS to position it? with a 'top: npx;' and 'left: ypx;' - you need to fill in 'n' and 'y'
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Or you could make the background of the menu like the background of the center area.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:17 AM
Carme

60 posts · May 2012
Brighton
Hi,
thanks both of you.
But it seems I still need some help. I liked both ideas, but when I tried to position it, I cound't find the way to move it, it was always moving in relation with the center area, no way to put the menu inside.
and when I tried to do the background of the menu like the background of the center area, the menu looks always positioned to much to the left, I needed to make the box shorter on the left and longer on the right. I can't find the way to make shorter on the left. And also no way to put both together in order they look in the same box.
I will appreciate any kind of help, I am learning at the moment and any help is welcome

You can see how it looks at the moment, I did the menu background black, just for the contrast, I can change to opacity at any time
http://karmeba.com/sitechoice/

Look forward to hearing from you,
Thanks again
xXx
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:19 PM
Carme

60 posts · May 2012
Brighton
Hi again,
I changed the idea, I put opcacity background to the whole center area, and that put the menu inside the are as I wanted. But still I have the problem. How can I chaged the side fof the box from the menu in order to look like the same size as the box of the content?
Also I woulk like to put the widget boxes outside of the center area, do you know how I can do that? and at the same time the box of the center area has to be shorter on the right side.

I am so excited with the website, see if I will manage to make it as I wanted

Thanks, I really appreciate your help!
xxx
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
There is no one "right" way to do what you want. It's all about what CSS to use. One way is to put a left margin on the menu and make the width the proper amount to make the menu match what's underneath.

I use Firebug with Firefox to virtually play with the CSS code.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:24 AM
Carme

60 posts · May 2012
Brighton
Hi again,
YES, I manage to do wat I wanted
yes, firebug is a really good help, I am still learning how to use it but its helping me already.

I have another question.
Now it looks like I wanted but the menu is changing sizes depending of the size of the screen, any suggestion?

Thank you in advance
xXx
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:49 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You have a flexible width for the main body and a fixed width for the menu. Either set the body to a fixed width or the menu to a %.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:02 AM
Carme

60 posts · May 2012
Brighton
Yes, of course!
Thank you very much for all for your help!