Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Menu Bar, Header, & Widget help - easy fixes?

Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:35 PM
kalibali04

12 posts · Mar 2011
Hi, I'm trying to duplicate this page http://www.impressivewindowsandinteriors.com/ into something that is easier for the page owner to update. Here is what I have so far: http://yourgreatbirth.com/Impressive/

I have two issues that I assume are easy fixes, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

1. I want to remove some space between the header image and the menu bar.

2. There are 2 white bars under my right sidebar that I can't figure out how to get rid of. I am using a plugin called Widget Logic to be able to have different text widgets on the sidebar of each page.

Any help you can give me is much appreciated. Like I said, I'm thinking these are easy fixes, but I just can't get it done.

Last edited by kalibali04; Aug 22, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) have you looked at all teh header configuration options and stylings?
2) use firebug in firefox to examine the sidebar and see what the are.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:01 PM
kalibali04

12 posts · Mar 2011
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I knew it would be an easy fix - I guess I just needed somebody to hit me over the head w/it
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:45 PM
kalibali04

12 posts · Mar 2011
One more question that you might be able to answer - The top of my center column and widget don't line up.

My center column style code:
padding: 0px 0px;

My sidebar style code:
padding: 0 0px;
background-color: #ffffff

http://yourgreatbirth.com/Impressive/

Last edited by kalibali04; Aug 22, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the space is caused by a <p> that is added around the immage (by wordpress?)

also how did you create your sidebar widget? it is a mess!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:06 AM
kalibali04

12 posts · Mar 2011
I'm not sure why the <p> would be there - any idea how to get rid of it?

I just copy/pasted the sidebar info from her original website. I guess I don't know what you mean by "it's a mess." The code? Should I take something out?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
I just copy/pasted the sidebar info from her original website
what do you mean, you copied the html source? Was it a wordpress site also using Atahualpa?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:20 AM
kalibali04

12 posts · Mar 2011
Yes, I copied the code. No, the original site was not a Wordpress site. I don't know who made it or how they did it. She asked me to update a few things and I was unable to update them (even after looking extensively online), so I decided to just recreate her site using Atahualpa.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What exactly do you have in the sidebar? What widgets and what is in them if they are text widgets?