Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Widget List styling doesn't seem to be working, partially

Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:47 PM
JJanz

5 posts · Aug 2012
I am running Wordpress version 3.4.1 and Atahualpa version 3.7.7. I am using a twitter feed widget plugin that sets the feed up in a list inside the widget. When I try to style the list most of my styling takes effect, however when I put "list-style-type: none;" it doesn't have any effect at all. I can't seem to effect the list style at all and am stuck with the bar on the left if the list and nothing I put into the ATO HTML/CSS inserts page seems to effect it.
The website can be found at: http://www.ourkingscross.org
Here's the CSS insert I'm using:
div.widget ul
{
list-style-type: none !important;
}
div.widget ul li
{
list-style-type: none;
margin-top: 5px;
margin-bottom: 5px;
font-size: 14px;
}
The margins and font size change take effect but the list style type doesn't. Any help would be appreciated. Currently I have the bar set to the same color as the background (white).

Last edited by JJanz; Aug 13, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
make sure you turn off caching when making changes so you will see the updated page...
did you look at the theme settings for widgets in the sidebar?

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 13, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:12 PM
JJanz

5 posts · Aug 2012
My cache plugin doesn't serve cached pages to logged in users and I've cleared it several time since I've been working on this problem. And yes I have looked at those settings.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When I look at those elements using FireBug in FireFox, I see those list styles applied.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:20 AM
JJanz

5 posts · Aug 2012
Yeah i see it applied in chrome's developer tools as well, however the bar is still there and won't go away.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
so, how/where did you change the color of the bar to white?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:39 AM
JJanz

5 posts · Aug 2012
in ATO -- style widgets -- widget list items
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok, now what are the other items in that section and what do they do?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:57 AM
JJanz

5 posts · Aug 2012
man i feel stupid. it was the setting for "Left Border Width for Links". I've been working on this off and on for several days and the answer was staring me in the face. thanks for the help juggledad