Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Atahualpa and BuddyPress

Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:19 PM
CorinnaWest

2 posts · Jul 2012
I'm building an online community using Buddypress. I really like the Atahualpa theme since it explains to me how to change the CSS codes piece by piece. It's http://connectpower.org

However, I keep getting an error message that my theme is not Buddypress compatible. Also, my "Activate" page and "Register" page are nowhere to be found. I've run the compatibility template and it said it worked right, but still no register page. Kinda hard to make a membership commmunity with no register page...lol.

Does anyone know the best way to fix up Atahaulpa to do this?
Or do people have a different fully customizable Buddypress theme to recommend? (If this is not going to bug the Atuahualpa people on this forum.)
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
getting an error message that my theme is not Buddypress compatible
1) what is the exact message?
2) when do you see this message?

Quote:
Also, my "Activate" page and "Register" page are nowhere to be found
are you using a WordPress custom menu?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
p.s. the registration page is the wordpress registration page. If you are already logged in you won't see it. log in and try to register as a new user.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:23 PM
CorinnaWest

2 posts · Jul 2012
The error message pops up after running through the BP compatibility template plug-in. It says, "You'll need to activate a BuddyPress-compatible theme to take advantage of all of BuddyPress's features. We've bundled a default theme, but you can always install some other compatible themes or update your existing WordPress theme."

I tried loging out and viewing the site with an incognito window in Chrome and also with Internet Explorer which I never use and didn't see the register page then either.

I think playing with the menus might have made the register page appear. I'll spend more time on it tomorrow morning.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That is just a warning and once the theme/buddypress is configured, it can be ignored
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
BuddyPress integration - see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...7829#post87829
Old Nov 4, 2012, 02:19 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
I did not see the register and login links at first, either. Then I found them in a dark bar at the top of the monitor screen. Not obvious at all.