Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Atahualpa and Buddypress

Old May 30, 2010, 03:55 PM
qbuster

84 posts · Mar 2010
Alrewas, Staffordshire, UK
There appear to be a growing number of Ata users that are integrating with Buddypress. Could we set up a sub-forum just for those users?

Regards

Will
Old May 31, 2010, 12:44 AM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
I'm In Will!

Thomas
Old Jun 6, 2010, 12:56 PM
gcaleval

14 posts · Jul 2009
I like the idea. There is a different theme vendor who allows buddypress-related questions to be only asked and answered in the "premium support" forums. So there must be a little bit of demand / need for BP-ThemeSpecific support <smile>.

I suspect the challenge for the moderator is / would be how often users would use the BP forum as a starting point for a topicbecause they use BP but learn that it is not a BP issue and so should be shared with the full community. Potential for confusing cross-posting.

Perhaps the first step is to reinforce the importance of Tagging posts and including the buddypress tag with all related topics. I still have a devil of a time locating relevant posts because the writers started the thread thinking it was about something else and no one ever added buddypressas a tag.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:24 AM
qbuster

84 posts · Mar 2010
Alrewas, Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcaleval
I like the idea. There is a different theme vendor who allows buddypress-related questions to be only asked and answered in the "premium support" forums. So there must be a little bit of demand / need for BP-ThemeSpecific support <smile>.
I note that the three of us are already Gold Members. I have found this to be one of the best support forums but there is a dearth of BP expertise. I find the BP forum itself a bit of a lottery and as the combination of Ata and BP is hard and tricky to refine to take full advantage of Ata's features I think this is the right place. The potential power of the Ata Theme options is essentially untapped and I am sure that someone with detailed knowledge of BP hooks could do wonders in places like 'Style & Edit Center Column'

Quote:
Perhaps the first step is to reinforce the importance of Tagging posts and including the buddypress tag with all related topics. I still have a devil of a time locating relevant posts because the writers started the thread thinking it was about something else and no one ever added buddypress as a tag.
I agree that would help a lot - I get the feeling that few posters use tags.