Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Static page to show above post on home page

Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:51 AM
itbizwealth

3 posts · Jul 2012
hello, i am trying to have a static page show on my home page and also have my post experts underneath it on my home page.
i want it to look like this. http://tamparoofrepair.net/wp-conten...screenshot.png
Old Jul 18, 2012, 01:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could do this with the 'multi colum/custom query' template which is included with version 3.7.7
There is a write up in the gold forums tutorials.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:07 AM
itbizwealth

3 posts · Jul 2012
Ok, so what you are telling me is, in order to get my answer to this question I will have to upgrade to gold membership. That's interesting!

This is a great theme, however with all the upgrades you guys perform there is always issues or major changes to do just to maintain it.

Now, you are telling me that for you to answer a single simple question, where the answer has already been written out and all you have to is copy and paste it, you want me to give you 20 dollars for it.

Hmmm This seems like a scam to me. I wonder how many others have fallen for this bait and switch you have going here?

Thanks for nothing
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Ok, so what you are telling me is, in order to get my answer to this question I will have to upgrade to gold membership. That's interesting!
I gave you an answer - you can use the multi column/custom query template to accomplish this goal - if you go read the code you should be able to figure out what it does. If you can't you can join the gold forum and get more help. Members who have donated get more rewards as a thanks for donating.
HTML Code:
This is a great theme, however with all the upgrades you guys perform there is always issues or major changes to do just to maintain it. 
have you ever seen a release of wordpress without a bug? maintenance is a fact of life, eithor that or you can never upgrade anything (including your hardware). The downside is you don't get any new features or security fixes if you don't upgrade
Quote:
Now, you are telling me that for you to answer a single simple question, where the answer has already been written out and all you have to is copy and paste it, you want me to give you 20 dollars for it.
you were given the simple answer - Yes there is a way to do this, use the template. It seems that now you want a detailed explaination that took many hours to develop and has been made avaliable to reward members who appreciate all the work of the theme and moderators to donate. You can always read the code and figure out how it works.
HTML Code:
Hmmm This seems like a scam to me. I wonder how many others have fallen for this bait and switch you have going here?
sorry you feel this way that was not the intension. Maybe I made a mistake releasing the code for free and should have kept the template avaliable only to members who have donated.

You have given me something to think about for the future. Maybe instead of answering questions for free I should charge for my service as you and many others charge for creating websites....this is an interesting train of thought you have started me on.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 23, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:28 AM
itbizwealth

3 posts · Jul 2012
You guys could do well by just simply charging for the theme and be done with. Your theme rocks, has more functionality than 99% of the paid themes out there. The downside is that it requires more maintenance than 99% of any theme i have ever seen or used. Go figure...You might be better off changing your marketing concept from Donate to Paid version.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:38 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Juggledad has answered thousands of questions on this forum. Donating is optional. Considering the power of this theme and the fact that it's free, having some add-ons that took hours to develop, are still free, but require a really small donation to access forum content - doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

I don't know where you got the cajones to suggest this setup is a "scam" - it's a free theme, the extra templates are free, there are thousands of posts here containing a wealth of free answers, nobody's taken your credit card number... and sheesh, this theme doesn't require "maintenance" other than an occasional upgrade (if you even want to upgrade).

I really think an apology is in order, but I am kind of old-school I guess.