Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Excerpt Border Format

Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:30 PM
lorenatwork

9 posts · Mar 2011
I would like to format the border around my excerpts to be similar to the ones located at http://locallylost.com/retro-fitted/

I located a thread that I think partially addresses this issue at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ghlight=border (I would have posted a follow-up question there but the thread is closed)

I have looked at the Posts & Pages / Style POSTS & PAGES section but am not sure if I am looking in the right area or if this is possible.

My site is at www.sailsofthought.com (though only a shell at the moment) and I am currently using Atahualpa 3.7.7 and WP 3.4
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is a great example of where using the FireBug extension of FireFox is very helpful.

If you don't have it, download and install the extension and then view the page and enable FireBug (in the TOOLS menu under 'Web Developer'
when the FireBug section opens, you will see the firebuf icon and then a blue arrow pointing in a box. This is the 'Examine' tool. Press it and move the cursor to the area of the site you are interested in and you will see the CSS show up in the right hand column.

This should show you the CSS being used and you can copy it and try it out. You can also shut off indivisual CSS rules to see their effect by clicking next to the rule.

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 21, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:16 PM
lorenatwork

9 posts · Mar 2011
Thank you Juggledad. Now I can see the info I need. I will play and experiment. I am assuming that if I don't see the exact input areas in the Style POSTS & PAGES section, I can just add the data in the Add HTML/CSS Inserts area, true?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That is correct