Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Drop down menu not dropping down

Old May 30, 2012, 07:18 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
On my site www.fotocomefare.com I've been using the same menu for months.
It is a Wordpress menu I assigned to the %cats menu. In it, I recreated the category structure.
It used to work, that is, when you hovered over a category name, sub categories would drop down.
Today I discovered it doesn't work anymore. Down arrows are shown and hovering changes the items background color. However no subcategory list drops down.

I tried W3 Total Cache, supposing js minification was the culprit, but it isn't so.
I turned off Animate Category Menu Bar but it didn't change anything.

I'm using Wordpress 3.3.1 and atahualpa 3.6.4. What can I do?
Old May 30, 2012, 07:34 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you recently added any plugins?
Have you tried deactivating all your plugins as a test?
Old May 31, 2012, 01:14 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
Yes, I added and remove some. Usually I try not to try such disruptive solutions.
However, I will try it tomorrow, since I already have to disable them to solve some performance problem.
Old May 31, 2012, 03:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this is why it is wise to have a test site you can play with. you might be able to dreate a subdomain for this - let's say your site is myxyx.com - you could create playsite.myxys.com with it's own database and files.

just a thought
Old May 31, 2012, 06:08 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll
Yes, I added and remove some. Usually I try not to try such disruptive solutions.
However, I will try it tomorrow, since I already have to disable them to solve some performance problem.
What I am talking about is just temporarily deactivating all of them to see if it is a plugin conflict. I usually just select them all, deactivate, see if the problem is there, and then if the site is live I go to the recently active plugins tab and reactivate. If I have some time to play and deactivating all of the plugins fixed the problem I start reactivating them a few at time to figure out which one is the culprit.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 04:57 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
Well, I deactivated my plugins and nothing changes. Menus still do not drop down.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 05:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
please disable w3 total cache and clear the caches
Old Jun 2, 2012, 07:52 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
please disable w3 total cache and clear the caches
Yesterday I disabled all plugins, including w3tc and nothing changed. The drop own menus use javascript, don't they?
Old Jun 2, 2012, 08:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Remove everything you have in the CSS Inserts (copy it to a text file) and see what happens

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 2, 2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 08:50 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
Quote:
Remove everything you have in the CSS Inserts (copy it to a text file) and see what happens
Thank you, didn't think about that, but it worked. I added ul{overflow:hidden;} to correct the lack of indentation in lists next to floated items and it conflicted with the drop down.
Can you explain me the reason for this conflict?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 09:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Can you explain me the reason for this conflict?
not really
Old Jun 4, 2012, 01:39 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
Quote:
not really
Thank you anyway.