Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Next/Previous Navigation not showing

Old May 11, 2012, 09:03 AM
gpeery

17 posts · Feb 2009
test
I need to do a "Read Older Entries" at the bottom of the center column. I have done this successfully with earlier versions of Atahualpa. I have mimicked the same settings in the Next/Previous Navigation area, but nothing is showing. I see that in the earlier version of AT there are options for configuring the center column which are no longer available. Is it necessary to get into the index.php file, or is there a simpler way that I am just missing for adding a "view older entries" link at the bottom of the center column.

On a related note, if I update the theme on the site where this is working, will I lose the navigation?

The site in question is: http://hh.monadnock360.com
The site where it is currently working is: http://www.townofnelson.com

Thank you.
Gordon Peery

Last edited by lmilesw; May 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:32 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you double checked all your setting in the Next/Previous Navigation section of the theme options?

The navigation works fine for me with 3.7.6 so you should not lose it but to be safe it is recommended to use the manual update method. It takes a bit longer but allows you to switch between versions if there are issues.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:50 AM
gpeery

17 posts · Feb 2009
test
Thanks for your reply.
I did compare field for field with the site where this is working (but which is using an older version of the theme).

To be clear, the issue is not that the navigation is not working, it is that it is not showing up at the bottom of the page (center column). Presumably if it becomes visible, the actual links will work.
Old May 11, 2012, 12:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the navagation works fine in 3.7.6 - do you have enough posts so you will have a second page?
if so export your settings and attach them to a response and I'll take a look.
Old May 11, 2012, 12:33 PM
gpeery

17 posts · Feb 2009
test
It's worth the embarrassment to have been given the solution - this is a new site, so as you suggested, there were simply not enough posts. I changed the post count and the link appeared.
Thank you.