Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Using An Outside Page Template for Plugin

Old Apr 9, 2012, 01:21 PM
dlil

6 posts · Jan 2011
hi all - I have a home search plugin that I must use with a page template the plugin makers have provided. I have tried multiple different things to get the sidebar to show and the footer to fill across the bottom - the rest works great.

It seems like I just need to get the right "get_footer" and "get_sidebar" but I have not been able to figure it out. And it doesn't seem like I can just remove the sidebar from that page since it's not actually a page. While I'd prefer keeping the sidebar, it's more important that the footer extends.

Website address: urbannestpdx.com ETA: WP V3.3.1 / ATA V3.7.3

Here is a page with it missing on the results of the home search - from the sidebar links Buckman: urbannestpdx.com/homesearch/buckman/ss/90517/

Here is the plugin template:
Code:
<?php
/*
Template Name: HQ Map Template
*/

get_header(); ?>

<div id="content">

<?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

<?php the_content(__('[Read more]'));?>

<?php endwhile; else: ?>

<p><?php _e('Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.'); ?></p><?php endif; ?>

<?php //include(TEMPLATEPATH."/sidebar.php");?>

</div>

<!-- The main column ends  -->

<?php get_footer(); ?>
If I don't use the template, of course it shows the sidebar & footer properly, but the search ends up showing private info (screenshot):

thanks for any advice!

Last edited by dlil; Apr 9, 2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 03:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You are going to have to look at index.php and make it the basis of the page template by adding in what they have given you.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 04:24 PM
dlil

6 posts · Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
You are going to have to look at index.php and make it the basis of the page template by adding in what they have given you.
Following the page template suggestions, I've tried this a couple of different ways as well, any chance anyone can offer a suggestion on where to start/stop? Maybe it's completely obvious and I just need to find the right divs. thanks
Old Apr 9, 2012, 04:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ataualpa doesn't work the same way as other themes that is why you need to start with index.php.

The code you are showing is nothing really, what is the plugin you are using?
What is the template suppose to do?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 06:32 PM
dlil

6 posts · Jan 2011
the plugin is HQ IDX - the company offers absolutely zero support, unfortunately (it's a long story - but mostly they self-host on their own hacked/stripped WP platform). And this is the service the client prefers.

And yeah, that's what I thought about the template, it's pretty much blank. For reference - don't know if it helps, they have one different template for Thesis that looks like:
Code:
<?php
/*
Template Name: HQ Map Template for Thesis
*/
   get_header(apply_filters('thesis_get_header', $name));

echo '<div id="container">' . "\n";
        echo '<div id="page" class="page">' . "\n";

thesis_wrap_header();

echo "<div id='content_area' class='full_width'>";
 thesis_hook_before_content_box();

echo '  <div id="content_box" style="clear: both; ">' . "\n";

if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post();

the_content();
        endwhile;
        endif;

echo '  </div>' . "\n";

thesis_hook_after_content_box();

echo "</div>";
	error_reporting(0); 	// Hide php 4 warning. HACK -toby
        thesis_wrap_footer();

echo '</div>' . "\n";
        echo '</div>' . "\n";

get_footer(apply_filters('thesis_get_footer', $name));
If I can't get the template to cooperate, maybe I can change the CSS in ATA (I've done that a little bit already) and maybe spread it across the page or at least center it. Does it look to you like it's refusing to take up the whole center column and I need to figure out a page number to list on "don't show sidebar on X page" in ATA?

For one more bit of reference, here's another site we built that uses ATA & the same plugin (on an earlier version of WP; I can't get the map to work on their site at all so I think it's WP). Technically, the plugin - at least the map portion - needs to have the template.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try this, make a copy of index.php and call it hqmap.php, then add this just after the first line so lines 1-4 will be
HTML Code:
<?php
/*
Template Name: HQ Map Template
*/
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:21 PM
dlil

6 posts · Jan 2011
thanks for the idea, no luck. I tried multiple variables of the index page again today, still no luck with either. Oh well, I don't think it's going to work. If you would be so kind and leave this open in the event someone stumbles upon it and has a suggestion...I'll keep working on it.

thanks again
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
with out the plugin there is not much I can do, sorry