Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Embed Youtube iFrame Displays But Sits in Front

Old Apr 1, 2012, 04:54 AM
jasebishop

4 posts · Nov 2010
Hi,

On my blog http://jasebishop.com you can see that embedded videos in the most recent posts float in front when they should be behind. Does anybody know how I can fix that?

I guess I should add that I have tried both the iframe and the old embed code from youtube, pasted directly into the html editor with the text.

Thanks

ps I tried the solution given here also but didn't work http://www.voodish.co.uk/articles/li...e-video-fixed/

Last edited by jasebishop; Apr 1, 2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 06:42 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I see no problem in Firefox or IE. In Safari the vids float in front of the toolbar at the bottom. I don't have an quick way of testing in Safari but have you tried z-index settings on the various items.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 04:30 PM
jasebishop

4 posts · Nov 2010
thanks for your reply

I just realised that the videos only noticeably float over the top toolbar when I am logged in to the blog (when I'm not logged in, the top admin toolbar isn't there.)

that bottom toolbar is administered from an external site, I like to have it on my page, but maybe it needs a fix, although seeing the videos float over top wordpress admin toolbar when I am logged in makes me think a it's wordpress thing, i'm stumped. i don't know what to do.....except remove the bottom toolbar which isn't really as solution.

I've tried using IE as well, but mainly I use Google Chrome, both exhibit the same symptoms.

Anyway, any more help would be great

...actually, it appears that the toolbar makers are aware of the issue and have provided a solution, which doesn't work but I'll see if there is more assistance there also.

Last edited by jasebishop; Apr 1, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 07:09 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What plugin are you using to display the YouTube videos? If you haven't maybe you should try using that function in Jetpack or another plugin.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 07:22 PM
jasebishop

4 posts · Nov 2010
I've tried a couple but haven't tried jetpack, i'll give it a go

thanks