Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

2 column excerpt posts on home and category pages -- how to questions

Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
beelissa

1 posts · Mar 2012
Hello everyone.

I may be in way over my head, or maybe I just need a little guidance.

I'm using Atahualpa 3.7.3.

I want the home page and category pages to have 2 content columns with excerpts, like on this site: http://www.huntingtonian.com/.

I read this thread on this forum: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1288

This looked relatively straightforward, but I have no knowledge of php. I copied index.php but it looks as if the index.php file has changed since the version when the above thread was written. There is no LOOP language in my index.php file, for one thing. I sat looking it over for almost a half an hour and decided that I am going to mess it all up if I tried to do it using those directions. Can anyone help me out?

2nd question: These directions say that once you create home.php you upload it to the theme directory. I've already got the home page set to "excerpts." But how can I do it so the category pages are also 2-columns? or basically, I want any page that shows multiple posts to use the 2-column format, though if it were only the home and category pages that would work, too, I guess.

I apologize if there is another place this is explained, but I couldn't find it. I also apologize if I should have posted this somewhere else. I really appreciate any and all help. Thank you so much!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That is an older thread so am not sure how valid it is for 3.7.3. There is a template in the Gold forum for creating multi column pages with queries for the content you want.

The Gold forum is accessible to those who have contributed $20 or more.