Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

background color of margins

Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:36 AM
holdthatmayo

3 posts · Mar 2012
Philadelphia
Is it possible to change the background color of the right and left margins (the open space outside of the sidebars) without changing the background color of the center area? I bascially would like my margins to be the same color red as my header but still maintain the white background where the main body of content lives in the center. Here is my site:

http://www.holdthatmayo.com

Thanks for your time!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Instead of a margin, use a border which you can color. Margins are not 'colorable' (?is there such a word??)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:30 PM
Vanyna

1 posts · Mar 2012
I am sorry... I just joined this community, how can I post new threads? I don't see any button allowing me to do so.

Thank you.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
In the forum at the top of the post look for 'New Thread'
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:03 AM
nontech

4 posts · Oct 2012
Juggledad,
Where exactly can I make that border change that you spoke of in this post. I want my background for both my center and my sidebars to be the image that I've uploaded, but I want a grey border on the left and right margins? could you explain that to me?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
look at teh SIDEBAR options - you can style any of them so you could add a border-left to the left sidebar and set the color to what ever you want. I leave you to figure what to do for teh right sidebar