Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Post Footer - Homepage and Multi Post Pages - Version 3.7.3 made some weird

Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:21 PM
Gail_NK

128 posts · Oct 2010
I have Atahualpa 3.7.1 on one website and Atahualpa 3.7.3 on another.

The Post Footer shows up in a grey box on posts in Atahualpa 3.7.3, while there was no box in Atahualpa 3.7.1.

How can I go back to the text with no box in version Atahualpa 3.7.3?

The grey box is way too distracting on the Homepage and Multi Post Pages, yet I'd like to keep the content there - or better yet add a centered piece of text.

The text/links to go into the footer are added in the ATO | Post & Pages | Edit Post/Page Info Items.

Suggestions?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What are the urls?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:49 PM
Gail_NK

128 posts · Oct 2010
This is a test site (http://www.testgmc.com/category/interviews/) and is based on ATA 3.7.3 (Wordpress 3.3.1).

This is my regular site (http://www.goodfoodworld.com/category/news-features/) and is based on ATA 3.7.1 (Wordpress 3.3.1).

Both are multi post pages and you can see the post footer is very different.

If I could have my wish - I'd like to just be able to put a centered green line in the post footer on the test site (testgmc.com) but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it. The grey box is really distracting.

I'm just trying to find a way to break up the posts so they don't run into each other without putting a lot of text between them.

I hope I'm explaining it...
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In the footer settings in style post and pages take out the gray background and add a green border to separate.

Last edited by lmilesw; Feb 14, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:16 PM
Gail_NK

128 posts · Oct 2010
lmilesw,

Got it, now just have to figure out how to have the "box" empty... I don't want any text to show up.

Added a little image gif and it's pretty cute - works fine.

Check this one off as solved!

Thanks!!

Last edited by Gail_NK; Feb 14, 2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: more info
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That is in Edit Post/Page info items.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:34 PM
Gail_NK

128 posts · Oct 2010
Found it - thanks! All fixed...