Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

How do I eliminate comment ability for one post only?

Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:11 PM
juliejulie

9 posts · Jan 2012
I have multi-posts on my page. I'd like category/ratings/etc. for each post (which works now) BUT for the first post. I'd like the first post to show as a plain table (which is built) WITHOUT the comment/rating/etc. bar below it. But, I'd like the other posts below it to have that comment/rating/etc. bar.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
assuming you mean you want the post footer removed for the first post on the page you have to know a little about the HTML format of a post and some CSS. Lesson time.

There is nothing that directly identifies the position of a post on the page. the posts are a just one avteg another like this
HTML Code:
<!-- Main Column -->
<td id="middle">
	<div class="post-6 post type-post odd" id="post-6">
		<div class="post-kicker">
			blah blah
		</div>		

<div class="post-headline">		
			blah blah
		</div>				

<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">
			blah blah
		</div>				

<div class="post-footer">
			blah blah
		</div>		
	</div><!-- / Post -->	

<div class="post-26 post type-post odd" id="post-26">
			blah blah
		</div>		

blah blah
		</div>				

blah blah
		</div>				

blah blah
		</div>		
	</div><!-- / Post -->	
</td>
<!-- / Main Column -->
depending on the options you have chosed and or plugins you have, there could be more DIVs in your case. there is no way to say 'don't display the post footer on the second post' however there is an interesting CSS Psuedo class called 'first-child'
Quote:
The :first-child selector is used to select the specified selector, only if it is the first child of its parent.
Notice that each post is made up of parts
HTML Code:
	<div class="post-6 post type-post odd" id="post-6">
			blah blah
		</div>		

blah blah
		</div>				

blah blah
		</div>				

blah blah
		</div>		
	</div><!-- / Post -->	
so you ccould say 'div.post div:first-child.....' and what that would do is effect the first DIV that is a child of the parent, so in this case it would effect the
HTML Code:
while that won't help, if you look again at the structure, teh posts are all in a 'td' and you want to effect the first one so you can start your selector with 'td#middle div:first-child....' and add what you need to remove the footer.

Homework: this should be enough to figure out the rest, so your homework is to show us the CSS that will "remove the post footer from the first post in the table column 'middle'".