Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] white space overlaying text in dropdown menu

Old Dec 27, 2011, 07:34 PM
debrispop@gmail.com

2 posts · Apr 2011
Toronto
Hi there,
I have seen this come up a couple of times but I haven't really seen an answer.
In my dropdown menu I am getting a white box that is obscuring the text of the names of the pages.

http://www.newromanticmusic.com/wp (see "BANDS" in the drop down menu.)

I am using the latest version of both WP and ATA. Sorry if this is a totally easy thing that I am just overlooking!
Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2011, 08:14 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like some CSS you are using is messing up the sub menus which can happen if you, for instance are making the menu full width. In that kind of case you have o compensate with other CSS to "correct" the issue. In this case I use Firebug to figure out some code that would work. Try adding the following in CSS Inserts.
HTML Code:
.rMenu-ver .page_item {
    background: black;
    width: 145px !important;
}
Learning to use Firebug is extremely helpful in styling your site.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:12 PM
debrispop@gmail.com

2 posts · Apr 2011
Toronto
Thank you so much for your prompt reply! That did the trick. I have been using firebug but wasn't coming up with that solution on my own.