Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Since Upgrading Screens appear blank, but reappear on re-loads

Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:33 PM
Rampager83

1 posts · Oct 2011
Like the subject line says, since I upgraded to 3.2.1 this summer I have had the strangest problem.

When I go to a page, either on the blog or on the back end control panels, the URL will load completely and the page will be a blank white page. If I hit the reload button it comes right up, normally.

I have confirmed this on multiple computers/OSs, and browsers.

HELP???

If you want to check it out, visit: http://blog.knightsquest.org

BTW: It is NOT an "always" thing. It IS on the home page and on the control panel's home page, but it is hit/miss on other pages.

THANKS!
Rampager83
Old Oct 16, 2011, 06:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What version of Atahualpa are you running? If 3.6.7 do you have the patches installed?

One other thing I noticed is you header image are quite large at about 340Kb. You should be able to easily get these below 100Kb. Those file sizes lead to slow page loads and may have some part of your problem. You might also try deactivating your plugins to see if one of those is the culprit.