Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] connect sidebar border with page menu bar

Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:38 AM
paul2011

2 posts · Oct 2011
Hello,

I am using the ata-adsense style (Atahualpa) and I was wondering if I can connect for example the right border of the left sidebar to the page menu bar. On the mainpage of BytesForAll they aren't connected as well with each other (in this case not connected with the category bar), but when I was using the default style it was always connected (sidebar border with page menu bar).
Already tried some margin and padding changes in the ATO but nothing worked out for me. Hope there is a not too difficult solution as I am quite new to this.
Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This a prime example where learning to use FireBug in FireFox will help you.

Once you have FireBug installed and turned on for the site, you can use the 'Inspect Element' tool (it looks like a blue box with an arrow pointing in it) to point at the area in question.

This will tell you what HTML element is involved ad what CSS applies to it. You can click on the link in the CSS to show the full CSS.

Try this and see if you can figure out what you need to do to connect the two areas
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:53 AM
paul2011

2 posts · Oct 2011
Thanks for pointing me in the right directions. Firebug managed me to find it. It was all about the td header. Once I removed the padding-bottom they were connected again. Thanks again
Old Oct 10, 2011, 02:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Now you are no longer a t quite so new anymore glad you found it.