Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Same Banner on the "blog-page" and any post with atahualpa.

Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:22 AM
liolio

27 posts · Aug 2011
hi everyone,

this is my first website, i'm using atahualpa 367. I have a single banner for each page, using the following code, for instance:

body.page-id-36 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url(wp-content/themes/atahualpa367/images/header/header_ourvision.jpg) !important;
}

and it works fine of course, but not for the "blog" page, the banner simply doesn t appear. so, i'd like to have the same banner on top of this page and for any post. thanks in advance for your help.
here s the link to "my" site: www.svaka.org
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:47 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try the following for the CSS for the blog page.
HTML Code:
body.blog #imagecontainer {
background-image: url(wp-content/themes/atahualpa367/images/header/header_ourvision.jpg) !important;
}
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:21 AM
liolio

27 posts · Aug 2011
thanks a lot, works perfect. though, i still have to use this code :

body.postid-1 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url(wp-content/themes/atahualpa367/images/header/header_blog.jpg) !important;}

if i want the banner to appear for each post, otherwise there is simply no banner... is there a way to set a code once for all, for each post...
(hope u understand my english ! it s not my mother tongue)

thanks again in advance. best
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not quite clear on what you want. Can you send me links to example pages?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:36 AM
liolio

27 posts · Aug 2011
well, how to say ? so i use the code u gave me for the "blog-page":

background-image: url(wp-content/themes/atahualpa367/images/header/header_blog.jpg) !important;}

and it works fine.

but each post create a "new page" i mean a new url and if i want the banner to appear i have for each post to add this code for ex :

body.postid-1 div#imagecontainer {

because i want to use always the same banner, i wonder if there is just one css for either the page and the posts.

best,
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try this
HTML Code:
div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url(wp-content/themes/atahualpa367/images/header/header_ourvision.jpg) !important;}
This will set the image to 'header_ourvision.jpg' unless you are on the 'blog' page then it will set it to 'header_blog.jpg'

if you want the single post pages to show the 'header_blog.jpg' image, change the second line to
HTML Code:
body.blog #imagecontainer,
body.single #imagecontainer {
Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:27 AM
liolio

27 posts · Aug 2011
Great, that's I was looking for, thank you so much. all the best !