Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Trying to center align smaller header image`

Old Aug 8, 2011, 09:24 AM
Katmoody

36 posts · Jun 2011
Hello -
I might change the header image around if I have to, but assumed this was a relatively easy fix. I've been wracking my brain without much success though. *sniffs*
My problem - I was able to get my clickable header image up in the header area *YAY* because a search of the forum showed me a great and easy way to do this. BUT I can't seem to get the image to center on my page! It is a smaller width (around 900 px) than the minimum (set to 1000 px) or the maximum fluid width (set to 1250 px). I can't get it to Center using the header styling area at all.
I figure this is such an easy fix - can you help me?
By the way I ADORE this theme and have been able to talk several other folks into using it when they saw how much I've been able to retool my site using it. Thanks so much for all the hard work you all do to help us have greater control over how our sites look!
Katrina "Kat" Moody

to see the site and see what I mean: http://www.katscafe.org

Thanks again!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Looks like it is centered now and the page size is fixed. Did you make some changes?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:09 PM
Katmoody

36 posts · Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Looks like it is centered now and the page size is fixed. Did you make some changes?
Yeah - I just figured it out before you post - but still having trouble doing a basic image map in the sidebar - is there a reason it won't work off the bat that you know of?

I wanted to make sure the site was working on some other browsers before I posted it back here. But I finally just put the <center> and </center> in the code ... I just thought that the <center> was depreciated for some reason?

Thanks again. Do you have any ideas on the sidebar?

Kat
Old Aug 8, 2011, 01:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
. Do you have any ideas on the sidebar?
umm...what is the question?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 02:49 PM
Katmoody

36 posts · Jun 2011
Quote:
umm...what is the question?
Sorry - thought I had said something *blushes* I wanted to include an image map on my chalkboard image I have in the sidebar:
http://www.katscafe.org but when I tried to do it, it didn't work. I can't get a clickable link. I was wondering if you had any ideas what the problem might be - I'm pretty sure the code is fine, as I triple-checked it. But I'll be checking it again here shortly. :-) Thanks
Katrina
Old Aug 8, 2011, 04:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
might want to play with it'sz-index
Old Aug 8, 2011, 06:41 PM
Katmoody

36 posts · Jun 2011
z-index?

I temporarily attached it to the end of my main header and used the fix to use the image map for the whole thing. It works, for now, but I would like to be able to do an image map in the sidebar eventually. If you could explain what the z-index is after you've dealt with more pressing cases perhaps I can go from there. There is no rush as I have fixed it temporarily.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
Kat
Old Aug 8, 2011, 06:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The z-index causes a layer to stack above another layer - take a read at http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_z-index.asp
Old Aug 9, 2011, 01:37 PM
Katmoody

36 posts · Jun 2011
Thanks so much! I have to say you guys have been so friendly I have slowly been learning tons after I switched over to this theme! I love it! Thanks for all your hard work and I'll be studying on the link!

Kat

Quote:
The z-index causes a layer to stack above another layer - take a read at http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_z-index.asp