Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Remove Byline from a single post

Old Jun 11, 2011, 01:48 PM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
I read this related post: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ndividual+post, used the code provide therein, inserted it into the "Center Column Style" section of my ATO but nothing happened. See code below.

The post ID is #1.
I'm using ATO v. 3.6.7

Suggestions?

PHP Code:
<?php if ( !is_single('1') ) { bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>');} ?>
Old Jun 11, 2011, 08:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Center colum style is for CSS not code

You need to edit index.php
Old Jun 12, 2011, 09:40 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
OK. I think I've got it. So for ATO v. 3.6.7 I have to edit the index.php directly. I also have an web site using v 3.4.9, and have a bunch of code inserted within the front-end ATO. Set up a new, quickie site this weekend with the new version and didn't note all the changes.

Thanks.
vCopia
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:02 AM
aQuickStudy

43 posts · Mar 2010
Could you do it by setting it to "display:none" using CSS inserts? (And using the post number.) That would keep you from having to edit theme files.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:09 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Nope. Spoke too soon. I ain't "got it" yet...

Tried inserting the code, as written above, in the index.php. First, I inserted it into the loop section, and when that didn't work I inserted it above the loop section. Both give me fatal errors. So... I'm guessing there is an error in the code, itself, as I've written it, that I'm not seeing. Thoughts?

vCopia
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:11 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by aQuickStudy
Could you do it by setting it to "display:none" using CSS inserts? (And using the post number.) That would keep you from having to edit theme files.
Good point. Not sure. Let's see what Juggledad says...
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
sure you could do it with CSS, just have to have the right selector.
HTML Code:
div.post-1 .post-byline {display:none;}
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:43 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
It worked. Gotta love a wise woman backed by a genius geek. Thank you both.

vCopia.