Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How to add a banner ad ABOVE the header area?

Old Jun 2, 2011, 04:03 AM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
My client wants to add a wide banner ad above her header. Currently it's top nav bar, header, cat nav. The ad would be above everything outside the wrap of the body. Would this be considered an add on bar or widget area? It would need to be centered above everything.

I did search the forum but found nothing that actually answered my question.

Here is the site: http://musingmainiac.com/
Old Jun 2, 2011, 04:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Add it to the header configuration option as the first item
Old Jun 7, 2011, 08:17 PM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
What code would I use for that? In the header config area, I ahve this: %pages %image %cats

What would I put to allow me to add an add code?

EDIT: I created the new widget area, however, even though it shows in the widget area, I cannot add a text widget to it. It's like it's locked closed. Same with the right inner sidebar area. I just updated the theme. WTH?

http://musingmainiac.com/

Last edited by Shan_LSOS; Jun 7, 2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 03:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL?
Do you have all BUGFIX's for your version applied? (they can be found in the 'New Version & Updates' forum and sub forum)
--if not, apply them before we go any further and re-test

then go to ato->export/import settings - export your settings and attach them to a reply
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:09 PM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
WP - 3.1.3
Atahualpa - 3.6.7

URL is in the post above your last one.

I did not see any bug fixes for this issue in that forum.

I added BUGFIX 367-01-03 and still have the same issue. Cannot open right inner sidebar area or new widget area to add anything to them.

Last edited by Shan_LSOS; Jun 8, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 02:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When you say you can not open the right inner sidebar area, what do you mean?
Do you mean that if you go to dashboard->appearance->widgets you can't open the section 'right inner'?

Try disabling all plugins to see if there is a conflict
Old Jun 9, 2011, 04:10 PM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Do you mean that if you go to dashboard->appearance->widgets you can't open the section 'right inner'?
Yes, that.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 04:29 PM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
Ok, I disabled all plugins and I was able to access the previously locked widget ares. However, before I upgraded the theme, there were no issues at all.

My client wants her plugins LOL

Second issue is that instead of the ad looking like it was floating in that background OUTSIDE the body/wrap area, it has increased the height of the body/wrap area including the background color.

I need this to not be a part of the body area.

EDIT: I disabled all plugins & activated them one by one, checking the widget area each time, and was not able to replicate the problem GRRRRR It's like taking your car to the mechanic because it's making a noise - once the mecahnic gets in the noise stops. It starts back up again as you're driving away. LOL

I still have the same issue about the placement of the ad though.

Last edited by Shan_LSOS; Jun 9, 2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
site looks fine in Safari and Firefox on the mac
Old Jun 10, 2011, 04:57 AM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
You don't see a light pick background behind the ad? It should be the main darker background there, not the content area background. I'm using Chrome and the screenshot attached is what I see. Client sees it in FF as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ad Fail.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	1415  
Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:04 AM
jankph

93 posts · Jul 2009
ATA 3.6.4 and WP 3.1
shan,

I think what you want to do can be done by setting your layout to be transparent, and then adding the background color to the center column. That way the ad area in the header gets the same background as your background image.

ATO > Style and Configure Layout > Layout Container Style:
Take away any background color
ATO > Style and Edit Center Column > Center Column Style:
Set background to your desired color
Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
oh, i thought that was the way it was suppose to be. set your 'container' background 'transparent'
Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:21 AM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jankph
shan,

I think what you want to do can be done by setting your layout to be transparent, and then adding the background color to the center column. That way the ad area in the header gets the same background as your background image.

ATO > Style and Configure Layout > Layout Container Style:
Take away any background color
ATO > Style and Edit Center Column > Center Column Style:
Set background to your desired color
That worked except now there is a space between the bottom of the cat bar and the start of the center column area. I added a top border but it's not working. OY.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you mean the header padding-bottom? check your css inserts
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:41 AM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
If that's what controls the space between the cat bar and the center column, then yes.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
look in your css inserts
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:56 AM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
I fixed it. Easiest thing I've done this week. Thank you both for your help.