Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Excerpts from Posts Don't Keep Styling From Post

Old May 9, 2011, 03:32 PM
mkellam

60 posts · Jan 2011
Hi,
I have our site set up to show one full post on the front page followed by excerpts for other posts.

The excerpts show the same content that is in the post up to the read more tag, but all of the styling used in the post is lost. This causes strange looking excerpts - for example - a recipe may have a list of ingredients separated by break tags, but the excerpt just shows a jumble of ingredients all on one line. If we used a bold, larger font in the content, the text is just plain text in the excerpt.

Is there any way I can set up the excerpts before the read more tag to keep the formatting from they page were the content originates?

Thanks!

Michael
Old May 9, 2011, 03:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL?
Old May 9, 2011, 03:46 PM
mkellam

60 posts · Jan 2011
Sorry, It's Wordpress 3.1.2 with Atahualpa 3.5.3. The URL is http://www.livingonadime.com/

The peach cobbler recipe at the bottom illustrates the problem... Generally, I have been inserting a manual summary excerpt but would like to use the longer automatic excerpts with formatting if possible. You can see the formatting if you click through to the single post page for the peach cobbler recipe...

Thanks!
Old May 9, 2011, 03:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Wordpress by default removes all HTML from an excerpt and Atahualpa follows that leas. It will remove all HTML other than what you specifically say not to remove in the 'Configure EXCERPTS" options.
Old May 9, 2011, 03:56 PM
mkellam

60 posts · Jan 2011
Excellent! That's what I needed. Never noticed the "Don't strip these tags" before...