Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Next Prev links -- how to make it consistent with custom ordering thru postm

Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:24 AM
Zorba

4 posts · Dec 2010
Hi All,

Greetings from a noobie and thanks first of all for being a well organized and useful community.

I would like to have control over post order on a Category page (instead of chronology), and like the simplicity of postmash to achieve this.

For consistency, it is important that the Next and Prev links on single Post pages we have arrived on from the Category page reflect the same custom order achieved thru postmash.

I assume the single post template can be modified to achieve this. But with limited php skills and being a total noobie, I'm hoping someone here can give me some helpful suggestions.

Cheers
-Zorba
Old Apr 6, 2011, 04:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The 'PostMash' plugin was last updated 2009-8-12 and for 2.8.4, given this, I would assume this plugin has been abandoned, so you might want to look for something else.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 04:11 AM
Zorba

4 posts · Dec 2010
Thanks for responding, juggledad.

Taking your advice, I have now switched to the "Post Types Order" plug-in.

The issue remains, though.

Can we use the custom order obtained thru the plug-in to drive the Next and Previous links order instead of the default(chronological) order by tweaking the single post template?

Cheers
-Zorba
Old Apr 7, 2011, 05:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa calls the wordpress function 'wp_link_pages' to build the links, so if the plugin hooks into that you should get your order.
Old May 2, 2011, 12:17 AM
Zorba

4 posts · Dec 2010
A quick update on this for those who might be benefited by this thread.

NSP Code, the author of the Post Types Reorder plug-in has updated it (v 1.4.6 so the re-ordered Posts are in step with the Next/Previous links in the Atahualpa theme. I have tested the update and it now works impeccably, and I highly recommend the plug-in for anyone who wants to customize the order.

My sincere appreciation for Remus at NSP Code who responded very quickly when this issue was pointed out.