Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Side Bars will not show up anywhere but the home page...posted from Note Pad

Old Apr 23, 2009, 04:21 AM
Jayce

14 posts · Apr 2009
I can't seem to find out why my side bar and widgets will not show on any other page other than the home page.

http://thetaoofdad.tv/

I read about posted from Word, so I deleted all of them and did it again from Note Pad. No luck though.

I want to be able to have a static home page and cannot seem to set that up either, because when I do I loose all my side bars again there too.

Thanks Flynn...oh yes, I sent you my pay pal address, just wanted to make sure you got it because it did not show up on my profile.

Take care!

Jayce

Last edited by Jayce; Apr 28, 2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Solved
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:24 PM
Jayce

14 posts · Apr 2009
Anyone? I'm at a loss.

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:43 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Have you disabled the sidebars at Theme Options -> Sidebars?

Also, I don't see anything but a homepage on your site. There's nothing I could check
Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:10 PM
Jayce

14 posts · Apr 2009
Try it now.

When I select my landing page to be a static home page, what you saw before is what happens. My sidebars completely disappear, including the side page menu. I have not turned off my sidebars and I have them at a 150 pixel width each. The side bars are selected to display on every page including the home page. No luck though.

Thanks for your help I made another donation.

Jayce
Old Apr 25, 2009, 03:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Jayce,
When I look at your home page, I see the right and left columns but it's showing a 'not found' for the main data.
1) do you have any posts published?
2) what version of PHP are you running with? (install 'WP Security Scan' to see)
2a) if it's PHP 4 - what is yuor isp and do you know how to go to PHP 5?
3) do the sidebars show up if you switch to the default theme?
4) in Atahualpa Theme Options -> Sidebars -> Left Sidebar: Display on: have you got any of the items unchecked?
5) How about the Right Sidebar: Display on: have you got any of the items unchecked?
Old Apr 25, 2009, 04:33 AM
Jayce

14 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks Juggledad...love the nic!

When I try and choose my home page as a static page it will display the text, but then the side bars and menu disappear from the home page altogether.

I'll look into the rest.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jayce; Apr 25, 2009 at 04:35 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 03:08 PM
Jayce

14 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Jayce,
When I look at your home page, I see the right and left columns but it's showing a 'not found' for the main data.
1) do you have any posts published?
2) what version of PHP are you running with? (install 'WP Security Scan' to see)
2a) if it's PHP 4 - what is yuor isp and do you know how to go to PHP 5?
3) do the sidebars show up if you switch to the default theme?
4) in Atahualpa Theme Options -> Sidebars -> Left Sidebar: Display on: have you got any of the items unchecked?
5) How about the Right Sidebar: Display on: have you got any of the items unchecked?
1) yes many

2) I installed the WP Security Scanner and received this : wp-admin/index.php index.php 0644 755. What does this mean and how do I change it? How did it happen?

3) Don't loose everything if I go back to the default?

4) & 5) Yes all items are selected.

Thank you VERY much for your help!

jayce
Old Apr 25, 2009, 06:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Switching to another theme won't do anyting to your posts or settings. The Atahualpa settings are stored in youur database so you can swap themes at will. Switch to the default Theme and then back and you will see all your posts and settings stay the same.

When do you get the error msg (wp-admin/index.php index.php 0644 755) ? when you activate the plugin, when you click on the Security setting?

It maybe that there is a problem with the permissions in the wordpress install.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 06:40 PM
Jayce

14 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad

When do you get the error msg (wp-admin/index.php index.php 0644 755) ? when you activate the plugin, when you click on the Security setting?

Yes. after scanning
Old Apr 25, 2009, 07:15 PM
Jayce

14 posts · Apr 2009
How to I fix my permissions?

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2009, 08:36 PM
Jayce

14 posts · Apr 2009
I fixed the permissions but I still have the same problem.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 08:57 PM
Jayce

14 posts · Apr 2009
It must be a Theme problem because I can try another theme and it works fine. This is getting frustrating.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:01 PM
Jayce

14 posts · Apr 2009
So I solved it with the help of JuggleDad! I had edited some code and did not realize the effect it would have. We reloaded some php files and all is good now.

ooodles of thanks Juggledad!

Jayce