Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Atahualpa 3.6.4 theme

Old Apr 23, 2011, 02:07 PM
mikemcsw

5 posts · Apr 2011
I Absoluteley love your Atahualpa 3.6.4 theme. I have been looking for so long for one that I would like, and just about everyone i tried (over 100),
many came close, but many lacked some feature I wanted, but yours seems to be flexible enough to do whatever I want, so I am making
the donation!

I am hoping you can help me with a few things.
I have tried evrything to try and get the background image to show above the navigation menu.
The last thing I tried was be removing everything, then adding a bar1, but it is showing the body color.

Also, how do i center the navigation page menu (or better yet, put rss and facebook icons to right and login and search to fill it up) and make it rounded instead of square corners?

Lastly how do change padding around picture.

www.sdlink.com

Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2011, 03:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
1. Try using a top padding in ATO>Style & configure Layout>Layout Container style.

2. Do a search of the forums as the menu issue has been answered a few times.

3. Look in ATO>Style Images
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:44 AM
mikemcsw

5 posts · Apr 2011
i removed the bar1 and tried padding.
Same result.
It is showing background color of the body at the top.
What i want is the page background at the top...e.g. i want it to show the city background at the top

maybe my terminology is not correct, but if you look at sdlink.com, you will the city background...that is what i want at top, and everything i have tried has failed me? Maybe it doesn't have the ability to show the page background at the top?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Try deleting the 80px padding and adding margin-top: 80px;

The problem I am having is I don't know what you want for the rest of the page. You can use padding, margin, position, etc but it depends on what else you are doing as to whether a particular CSS rule will accomplish what you want. Often you will use several rules together to accomplish the task. I use Firebug with Firefox to test most of my CSS virtually before implementing.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 01:57 PM
mikemcsw

5 posts · Apr 2011
the top-margin instead of the padding did the trick!
Thanks! Donation coming as soon as i can get refund for the themes-maker i bought by mistake...i thought it was a theme..hoping to get refund?

Last edited by mikemcsw; Apr 24, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 07:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
One suggestion. I would add a black background color and a fixed position for the background. See below for what I mean.
HTML Code:
background: #000000 url("/images/sdcity.jpg") no-repeat fixed left top;
This will keep the image of the city from scrolling up and if someone has a large monitor they won't see white under the image.