Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Links all inactive after upgrading to WP 3.1 - Please help

Old Apr 20, 2011, 06:09 PM
Steve D

6 posts · Mar 2010
Tucson, AZ
After upgrading WP, suddenly all my site's links are inactive. The mouseover effects still work, as do the menu dropdowns, but the mouse pointer doesn't change to a hand when hovering, and clicking on any link does absolutely nothing. There's another bizarre side effect where images and some DIVs become movable and resizable objects in some browsers.

I'm running AHA 3.6.4, but I've tried previewing 3.6.1 and 3.5.3, and the problem is still there. Menu animations are off. There are no HTML inserts. I've tried removing my CSS inserts. It didn't help. I've also tried disabling all plugins. That doesn't help either.

Here's the site: http://rollandgsmith.com/new/

It's for a client, and we were on the verge of launching, so any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Steve
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am also able to resize the images and I see table controls. Did you try switching to the TwentyTen theme to see if the problem persists? Maybe hitting the Re-install automatically button in WordPress updates? Perhaps the update didn't quite get all the files.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
changing Wp versions can mess the htaccess file. go to dashboard->settings->Permalinks and set it to default than back to what you currently have.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:35 PM
Steve D

6 posts · Mar 2010
Tucson, AZ
Thanks so much for your help, gentlemen! After I switched to Twenty Ten and saw that the same problem persisted, I quickly realized that it wasn't an Atahualpa issue at all.

It turned out that the most recent post, showing at the top of the home page, was the first one posted via email, and on closer inspection I found it contained a wealth of bizarre codes, including an entire head section and body section. When I navigated to other parts of the site that do not display that post, the problems disappeared.

Now I have to figure out whether the Postie plugin is broken or what. Crisis averted!

Thanks again.

Steve